777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs are well run and cash positive. We’re…not.

That will happen eventually but we’re a ways away from that.
Hopefully a fully functioning stadium resolves that - probably not as much as we expect but hopefully with a forecasted reduction in interest rates the debt will become more manageable.

Sponsors and advertisers pay more to be associated with success .
The same reason ‘global fans ‘ will mostly buy the shirts etc. of successful clubs.
What is our profile ?
A mid table club that clings onto its longstanding presence in the top league by its fingertips?
Ironically we are too big to be considered an underdog.
What is our USP?
The stadium may raise our profile for a few months but unless we improve the football and begin challenging for trophies that will soon fade.
We need success to breed success, without that we will continue to plough the same nondescript mid table furrow until one day our luck runs out.
That is if we survive the current crisis and that’s far from certain at the moment.
Even if somehow luck does go are way and we get taken over by a good honest company who firstly pay off all are debts, raise the profile of our club, through using the new stadium as a stadium for all, from Music festivals to the NFL Wanting a piece of it to showcase themselves.
To Investment being 'Invested' from the off. People have to realise it is not an overnight fix. We need a full restructure of the club, and with the state it's been let get to, we would still have a long wait on our hands to be on the way up in a positive state.

Anyway we don't get luck and certainly not in that fashion. ( so why isn't a new Relegation thread up and running yet !! )

It's an interest free loan that sits on the balance sheet, like Abramovich's loans that were never repaid. If he wants to sell the club he needs to write some or most of it off

I would estimate the worth of the club at about £500 million if it was debt free. If you knock off the debt, even discounting the large interest rates that leaves about £50 million for Moshiri.

If it was me, I would keep the club for another 2 years, to show revenues in the new stadium, and hope the value increases.
My point is not really related to interest (with regards to Moshiri personally) as stated before a buyer would probably be unwilling to pay both the high level of debt and an amount for the shares. The large amount of debt is why buyers wont value the asset (club) so high. Moshiri is going to want to recoup his money (or be forced to recoup some of Usmanov's money), I take your point that Moshiri should write off most of that debt he doesn't appear willing to do so. If he had I think we would have had more offers from serious buyers.

The reality is for a buyer to stand a chance of making this venture work they will need to provide

• Funds to at least get the debt to a manageable level (to my mind eliminating the MSP/777/MR&F and other third tier lender loans at least) to refinance and consolidate debt into a manageable arrangement (some debt is ok provided you can service it.)
  • Satisfy Moshiri in terms of providing some agreement for the money he's invested.
  • Provide working capital for day to day expenses.
  • Provide for inevitable severance for staff restructures (non playing and potentially some on field staff)
  • Invest in squad reinforcements.
My point is satisfying Moshiri is a large element of the big picture

No chance we are at that now though, is there? Gbamin, Mina, Iwobi, Townsend, Davies, Coady, Begovic and Gray off the wage bill since that time? Is that correct? Were Dele's wages also included in them accounts? Gomes now off the books . And Maupay will be included too. I know there's been in-comings but I doubt they're getting the guesstimated £750k a week the above lot were getting.

Gomes, Brantwaite and Dele where out on loan that season for the accounts.

Harrison we know is on 90k per week. Beto and Danjuma will be on a half decent wage. Young won't be cheap. Pickford got a new contract. Wage bill will be slightly reduced but whatever saving we make will be consumed with interest payments on existing loans.

My point is not really related to interest (with regards to Moshiri personally) as stated before a buyer would probably be unwilling to pay both the high level of debt and an amount for the shares. The large amount of debt is why buyers wont value the asset (club) so high. Moshiri is going to want to recoup his money (or be forced to recoup some of Usmanov's money), I take your point that Moshiri should write off most of that debt he doesn't appear willing to do so. If he had I think we would have had more offers from serious buyers.

The reality is for a buyer to stand a chance of making this venture work they will need to provide

• Funds to at least get the debt to a manageable level (to my mind eliminating the MSP/777/MR&F and other third tier lender loans at least) to refinance and consolidate debt into a manageable arrangement (some debt is ok provided you can service it.)
  • Satisfy Moshiri in terms of providing some agreement for the money he's invested.
  • Provide working capital for day to day expenses.
  • Provide for inevitable severance for staff restructures (non playing and potentially some on field staff)
  • Invest in squad reinforcements.
My point is satisfying Moshiri is a large element of the big picture
I suspect the only satisfaction he can get is by keeping a smallish stake and hoping when everything stabilises it is worth something

Status
Not open for further replies.