777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone know Bernard's email or mobile number?

Bernard Arnault (75) has been named the world's richest man of 2024 with an estimated fortune of $226.2 billion, according to Forbes' 38th annual billionaires list, released Tuesday.2 Apr 2024

No, but he probably has yours now that you used his name on the internet.

A controlling interest creates more problems for them than it sorts
Personally, i think the only way they will exercise the option and take a controlling stake is if either:

1. They have another wealthy investor waiting in the wings to jump in with them
  2. It's a choice between that and Administration i.e. no-one will put any money in to pay our bills. Then they'd probably exercise the option, strip what they can to re-pay their own debt then put us into Administration themselves.

Personally, i think the only way they will exercise the option and take a controlling stake is if either:

1. They have another wealthy investor waiting in the wings to jump in with them
  2. It's a choice between that and Administration i.e. no-one will put any money in to pay our bills. Then they'd probably exercise the option, strip what they can to re-pay their own debt then put us into Administration themselves.

I try to look at it as when they made the deal last year vs where we are now.

The level of finance/cash needed since their deal fell apart isn't any more, really, than what they would have expected should they have gotten approval from RMF.

We needed working capital, we needed to fund the stadium build.

What information we didn't have is our league standing, the points deduction and the threat of relegation.

To me, they would be much more interested in triggering the clause if the deadline was May 15th instead of April 15th: we'd be closer to a resolution on our league position and we'd have a clearer picture of 2025 revenues. I also believe there's new information in terms of what the PL expects a buyer to have to close this deal.

Perhaps they give 777 more time, but even if they did, 777 isn't likely to get the money together to close this.

In terms of investors, it didn't seem like they had much trouble putting the original money together. They seem to be well connected. Don't get me wrong, they're not pumping oil out of their back yards, but I think they'd be able to satisfy the league's conditions.

Zzzzzzzz
How does this help avoid the leveraged buyout clause for the PL? I guess they’d turn their £200m in loans into equity? But is it actually not from borrowing too?

Where have they got that money from ? Do we know?

The level of finance/cash needed since their deal fell apart isn't any more, really, than what they would have expected should they have gotten approval from RMF.

What information we didn't have is our league standing, the points deduction and the threat of relegation.

To me, they would be much more interested in triggering the clause if the deadline was May 15th instead of April 15th: we'd be closer to a resolution on our league position and we'd have a clearer picture of 2025 revenues. I also believe there's new information in terms of what the PL expects a buyer to have to close this deal.

Perhaps they give 777 more time, but even if they did, 777 isn't likely to get the money together to close this.

In terms of investors, it didn't seem like they had much trouble putting the original money together. They seem to be well connected. Don't get me wrong, they're not pumping oil out of their back yards, but I think they'd be able to satisfy the league's conditions.

The difference to last time was they were taking a minority investment, mainly to facilitate Moshiri obtaining finance from elsewhere to finish the stadium.

They wouldn't have needed to pump money in every month to keep us afloat (that would have been Moshiri's responsibility) and they wouldn't be the ones securing financing for the stadium.

If they took a majority stake now, they'd need invest money to keep us afloat, completely re-structure our existing debt plus find another £60m ish to finish the stadium.

I'm quite sure they are capable of doing all that, I just doubt they have the appetite.

How does this help avoid the leveraged buyout clause for the PL? I guess they’d turn their £200m in loans into equity? But is it actually not from borrowing too?

Where have they got that money from ? Do we know?
Borrowed from A-CAP.

They have ZERO money of their own, everything is borrowed from somewhere.

They might turn that into equity in terms of what they tell the Premier League, but somehow, someway, we'll end up paying it back.

Yeah, I think the fact that we're still so close to the relegation zone at this point makes this a trickier decision on their part. I don't really see how they have much choice but to grant the extension, if only to give themselves time to make sure we don't get relegated before making the final call.

If they call in the loans on Monday, how does that not lead to administration down the line? I mean, clearly nobody's got the money to pay them three days from now. So what do they get out of that?

But if they grant 777 an extension until after the season, all the while knowing that it's very unlikely that 777 can come up with the money even then, MSP would at least know much better how to proceed. If we stay up, they may have the option to take over a Premier League team like they seemed to originally want, or they can hope to find another way to recoup their money. If we go down, they're screwed anyway, same then as now.

Borrowed from A-CAP.

They have ZERO money of their own, everything is borrowed from somewhere.

They might turn that into equity in terms of what they tell the Premier League, but somehow, someway, we'll end up paying it back.
Yeah, chances of 65% debt to purchase value seems very unlikely. Which isn’t good.

Pretty good explanation that. No wonder they can’t pay up. The question is, why are they still trying? And where have they got the loan money from?
This is the vexing question. All I can figure is that Everton was going to be the crown jewel that was supposed to stabilize their entire sporting enterprise - making them enough money in the long-run to keep everything else afloat. If they can't pull off this takeover, then, perhaps everything they have everywhere finishes collapsing (some of it seems to have already started).

In other words, the takeover itself is a last-ditch attempt to save their entire enterprise, so they have no choice but to power on until it's literally impossible not to.

Then came the revelation that 777 Re could not provide audited financial statements for the past two years. This is unheard of in life insurance, where policyholders typically pay premiums for years before they receive any payouts. No one would do this without knowing the company was sound.

The Bermuda Monetary Authority quietly put 777 Re under administrative control, and A.M. Best, a specialty ratings firm, downgraded it in two steps from A-minus to C-minus — close to a death sentence. No one can do business with such a weak reinsurer.