777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
777 a succession of baseball wearing middle aged knob heads. Whatever made anyone believe any different where we would end up today with them.
Myself pretty sure had our league status been more or less assured by now they would be new owners. Whoever is financing them wont be releasing any funds for purchase while we are embroiled in relegation.
No one is financing them .
The entire edifice that is 777 is built on sand .
They have no money which is why they are making a desperate eleventh hour bid to persuade Blue Owl to finance the purchase.
Until now they thought they could bluster their way past the regulations as they have in other countries, without providing necessary proof of finance.
They have been found out here as the despicable con men they have always been.

No one is financing them .
The entire edifice that is 777 is built on sand .
They have no money which is why they are making a desperate eleventh hour bid to persuade Blue Owl to finance the purchase.
Until now they thought they could bluster their way past the regulations as they have in other countries, without providing necessary proof of finance.
They have been found out here as the despicable con men they have always been.

Think theyd breeze through if we weren't in a financial mess, have a stadium to build, were cheaper, and the league didn't want us out of the competition.

Quite rightly they're being thorough but there's other factors making that so

Moderators can, and should have their own opinions.

My own view is it's not conducive for the forum to have page after page of key threads waffling on about some guy on Twitter's opinion. Who cares? It's one guys opinion. Nothing more. It's not worth the attention/it monopolises discussion.
Can we add him to the blacklisted sites then?

Think theyd breeze through if we weren't in a financial mess, have a stadium to build, were cheaper, and the league didn't want us out of the competition.

Quite rightly they're being thorough but there's other factors making that so
Don’t think so .
The PL toughened up the requirements to ensure people like 777 couldn’t purchase clubs with borrowed money and without any money to run the clubs adequately.
These clowns are exactly the type of potless fraudsters the rules were designed to keep out .

To be honest, I read the piece in question and it made a compelling case.....

But yes, there are probably other options and it was based on a raft of assumptions.

Somebody somewhere is gonna have to find a serious amount of money and fairly soon it seems.
To be honest we won’t know who is right for a couple of years. Someone on line asked the @slsbn chap for his opinion on @CitizenofSurburbia post and he thought it was an overly optimistic reading of events.
It’s not really an easy event to call, has anything similar ever happened? I doubt it. Administration seems unlikely because you’d think people would come to their senses. But then people don’t always, and bad stuff can happen. Maybe one of the investors sees 777 having no security and see it as a way of screwing them over and getting something for nothing? Who knows.
Whatever else, the Esk sees a danger that is realistic even if it is not most likely. Whist he’s got a lot right and a lot wrong, if the media had listen to some of what he’d said earlier …much earlier we might be better off.

Last edited:

To be honest we won’t know who is right for a couple of years. Someone on line asked the @slsbn chap for his opinion on @CitizenofSurburbia post and he thought it was an overly optimistic reading of events.
It’s not really an easy event to call, has anything similar ever happened? I doubt it. Administration seems unlikely because you’d think people would come to their senses. But then people don’t always, and bad stuff can happen. Maybe one of the investors sees 777 having no security and see it as a way of screwing them over and getting something for nothing? Who knows.
Whatever else, the Esk sees a danger that is realistic even if it is not most likely. Whist he’s got a lot right and a lot wrong, if the media had listen to some of what he’d said earlier …much earlier we might be better off.

That slsbn chap is one of the biggest bellends on Twitter so I wouldn't be waiting to see what his opinion is as it holds no weight whatsoever to anything Everton related.

That slsbn chap is one of the biggest bellends on Twitter so I wouldn't be waiting to see what his opinion is as it holds no weight whatsoever to anything Everton related.
He’s snarky, but he’s very well informed. I think it remains clear that it’s complex and no one really knows what is going to happen because … the parties involved have no idea either.

To be honest, I read the piece in question and it made a compelling case.....

But yes, there are probably other options and it was based on a raft of assumptions.

Somebody somewhere is gonna have to find a serious amount of money and fairly soon it seems.
It's only a compelling case if you know zero about the subject outside of that egomaniacs article

I thought it was factual and based in reality.