777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I suppose both 777 and MSP operate ‘ multi club models ‘ so no difference there.
You make good points generally about the attraction of the multi club model , and I must admit I was attracted to the idea myself a few years ago , but I have somewhat altered my views since.
There is disquiet generally about the growth of such entities and many authorities are restricting the advantages they may bring.
The PL has recently voted to ensure that all loans and sales between affiliated clubs be made to reflect the true market rate thus negating one of the perceived advantages of the model.
There are also rules regarding qualification for European competitions which only allow one club to qualify from the affiliated clubs , fine if your the club allowed to compete but damaging to the others.
There is also a danger to competition as increasing numbers of clubs get absorbed into such groupings. It is it not inconceivable that at some point football competition will become dominated by a handful of owners operating a multi club system to the detriment of the individuality and independence of the clubs and to sporting competition generally .
I’ve mentioned before that while they may offer economy of scale they bring a risk of dilution of brand .
To the point of such a model being generally bad for football I couldn't agree more. Clubs operating in their own microcosm being to internally maneuver and or scapegoat regulations is yet another example of contemporary footballs insanity. But I also think this is the cesspool thats been made, and personally it beats human rights violating nation states being at helm whose resources are infinite ( I may draw the line with fanship if such a variable entered Everton).

You may be right on enforcements limiting a multi club model soon, but I am both wary of regulations being able to truly be enforced or if the majority of clubs still aren't seeing the benefits. FSG is clearly interested, more the same. The undertaking to systematically enforce values personally seems easily swayable still or near impossible. Yes maybe one or two clubs umbrellas get hit with violations to "set precedent" (similar to our FFP/PSR punishment currently) but I still see advantages or at least that the regulations are still a step behind. And in terms of Europe I don't see really anyone in the 777 camp to make that a regular issue, including ourselves frankly at the moment. Maybe Sevilla but they arent majority shareholders (Im not sure how that may effect that or not). To me that's a cross that bridge when we get there.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 14.00.21.png

This is the most boring takeover, been going on for months. Every week we hear news that we should find out in a couple of weeks. Really surprised Moshiri hasn't pulled the plug on this deal and moved on or 777 even pulled out. Zzzzzzzzzz

This is the most boring takeover, been going on for months. Every week we hear news that we should find out in a couple of weeks. Really surprised Moshiri hasn't pulled the plug on this deal and moved on or 777 even pulled out. Zzzzzzzzzz
Why would he pull out?

777 are propping the club up and if the deal does go through he gets good money.

There is ZERO reason for him to walk away.