777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely spot on , Paul wants the very best people to take this club pn
And it isn’t Moshiri and Kenwright and it certainly isn’t 777,

The 27 campaign we had people
Who never clapped ever clapping at a man who had robbed Everton fans off success for three decades to feather his own nest, when your made to feel that stupid people don’t like it
He’s still wrong though, had me expecting Juan Mata, cheeky sod. Took me years to recover from that did.

Am more leaning towards whats going on at Genoa me mate... Steady us financially through player trading an good scouting. It's not so hard as Brighton have shown

I may be wrong though.

It is actually very hard and it's a philosophy that catches up with you soon enough. If you sell your best players every summer, it only takes one bad transfer window to go right back to where you started.

All the warning signs are there with this bunch and as a fan base we ought to be vigilant from the second they set foot through the door.

Other interested parties won’t be going public as there’s no mileage until Moshiri opens himself up to entertaining such discussions.
I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever Chris, that there are genuine parties waiting the opportunity as and when Moshiri wises up and dumps 777.
If someone offered Moshiri more money than what 777 have he’d entertain it; that I’m more confident with that than anything else.

But they haven’t, and there is the problem.

For all the “noise” about them it’s probably quite a boring, stabilising one as occurred at Genoa. Quite a bit of that has actually started under Thelwell anyway: wage reductions, restructuring and more modest recruitment. Don’t expect anything more than break even transfer spending, although even that would be a big improvement on selling then not buying as has occurred the last couple of years.

Who they will actually appoint at the board / executive level would be interesting. Reading the articles the guy at Genoa seems pretty switched on and some progressive thinking is badly needed.

Not saying it would be all sunshine and roses but given the state of the clubs when they bought them most of their portfolio seems to have at least levelled off.

We know the wider 777 Partners issues and they are of great concern but 777 football seems to be fairly well run by knowledgeable football people. We can only hope the football operation can be ringfenced from the rest of the their business, quite possibly by a separate investment raise if / once Everton complete the portfolio.
I agree with all of this mate.

Am more leaning towards whats going on at Genoa me mate... Steady us financially through player trading an good scouting. It's not so hard as Brighton have shown

I may be wrong though.
At Genoa they went cap in hand to the equivalent of our HMRC and begged for a `deal` to slash their tax burden...

They wouldn`t get anywhere near the deal they got from the Italian authorities and if we start defaulting on our tax then we are in a very dangerous spot, HMRC will not think twice calling in administrators or liquidating a business for what it owes.

For the purpose of debate this morning.

Hypothetically what do Blues think 777's plan is once they're through the door to turn us around?
I think their plan is to take dividends and double their money. They are not here to win things.

I think we will see more associated lending going on. Other parts of the 777 world lending Everton money which may repay some lending that we already have. So it becomes more “in-house”.

I do not think that we will see much trading between the teams they own. Haven’t see any of that spoken about with the team they already own. It may be that each club has ultimate beneficial owners beyond 777. If they are an insurance company it may be that behind that a policy owns a particular asset (club) and the policyholder owns the policy. Those policyholder (investors) may be be related persons.

For the purpose of debate this morning.

Hypothetically what do Blues think 777's plan is once they're through the door to turn us around?
Maybe think will sell some shares in the club but will be the biggest club they can get in one of the main leagues in the world. Have one in italy germany spain and then england with us, think will be alot of work here and not loads of money. Can see it being similar to a red bull structure

I think their plan is to take dividends and double their money. They are not here to win things.

I think we will see more associated lending going on. Other parts of the 777 world lending Everton money which may repay some lending that we already have. So it becomes more “in-house”.

I do not think that we will see much trading between the teams they own. Haven’t see any of that spoken about with the team they already own. It may be that each club has ultimate beneficial owners beyond 777. If they are an insurance company it may be that behind that a policy owns a particular asset (club) and the policyholder owns the policy. Those policyholder (investors) may be be related persons.
Definitely the worst case scenario.

At Genoa they went cap in hand to the equivalent of our HMRC and begged for a `deal` to slash their tax burden...

They wouldn`t get anywhere near the deal they got from the Italian authorities and if we start defaulting on our tax then we are in a very dangerous spot, HMRC will not think twice calling in administrators or liquidating a business for what it owes.
But you could argue that’s them acting pragmatically to solve a problem they inherited. And it worked.

In our case it’s not HMRC but the external debt. I imagine restructuring that will be a priority for whoever comes in.

If someone offered Moshiri more money than what 777 have he’d entertain it; that I’m more confident with that than anything else.

But they haven’t, and there is the problem.
At the end of the day, the sale of Everton is now more about funding the current debts and ongoing costs of completing BMD and rebuilding the club, literally from the ground floor upwards… Moshiri wants out and whoever becomes the new owner, he is going to lose a huge percentage of everything he has put into the club.

He’s not coming out of the disposal of the club smelling of anything but the crap he’s driven us into.

Definitely the worst case scenario.
It is hidden money. We will never know whose money it is. 777 are an investment vehicle for high value, high risk investments in football clubs. None of those investors gives a rats arm about the clubs they “own”. They will not want to pump money in unless the numbers add up and they see a return coming. They do not want the kudos of owning a club like Abramovich. They do not have an affinity with the club like Blackburn did. They are silent and secretive

At the end of the day, the sale of Everton is now more about funding the current debts and ongoing costs of completing BMD and rebuilding the club, literally from the ground floor upwards… Moshiri wants out and whoever becomes the new owner, he is going to lose a huge percentage of everything he has put into the club.

He’s not coming out of the disposal of the club smelling of anything but the crap he’s driven us into.
We all know that mate

He's not the only one with blood on his hands...he who shall not be named takes most of the blame.