777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seen that said a few times, which surprised me and then I saw this the other day which makes more sense to me;

I would imagine any outright rejection has to have a solid basis and be legally watertight, since it could be damaging to the applicants reputation.
I assume that failing to find adequate financial evidence to meet the criteria is insufficient to merit outright rejection.
Unless they have been rejected of course , the ongoing silence since the presumed meeting last week is deafening.

Until such time as either Moshiri pulls the plug on 777 or 777 decide to walk away, and Moshiri opens himself up to new negotiations… if I were an interested party, why put it out there ?

Moshiri clearly stands by his (bizarre) choice of 777 as his preferred buyer so if other parties have made approaches and been rebuffed, i can’t see the leverage nor mileage in making it public.
Obviously they are well within their rights to remain in the shadows, but given that 777 are trying the "Liege approach" (framing it as us or certain doom to force approval) a serious and credible alternative that stands up to scrutiny might want to identify themselves as a third way, if only to stop the club falling into 777s hands out of what the PL perceive as necessity.

Very fair. But some benefit in them not standing by watching the inexorable slide towards extinction surely? Obviously as investors it may suit them for the asset to be as distressed as possible. Naive to think otherwise. But playing with a very big fire if they have the best interest of the club at heart. The pressure on the owner from fans and even media to end the 777 negotiations politely would be absolutely colossal if a genuine sensible and well funded alternative made itself known.

If you agree with that premise, I'm not sold on it.

I don't think Moshiri cares about media pressure, he just wants out. 777 likely figure they can ride it out and put their spin on it should the transaction go through. And if it doesn't, they've not lost and PR capital.

Very fair. But some benefit in them not standing by watching the inexorable slide towards extinction surely? Obviously as investors it may suit them for the asset to be as distressed as possible. Naive to think otherwise. But playing with a very big fire if they have the best interest of the club at heart. The pressure on the owner from fans and even media to end the 777 negotiations politely would be absolutely colossal if a genuine sensible and well funded alternative made itself known.
And the money 777 have lent the club with high interest will hang around our neck for years.. we are in a horrific situation financially..

I would imagine any outright rejection has to have a solid basis and be legally watertight, since it could be damaging to the applicants reputation.
I assume that failing to find adequate financial evidence to meet the criteria is insufficient to merit outright rejection.
Unless they have been rejected of course , the ongoing silence since the presumed meeting last week is deafening.
More than likely "rejection" is the purchaser saying they are walking away from the deal due to the process taking too long, which is what happened the first time the Saudi's were "rejected" by the Premier League.

The controversial £300m takeover of Newcastle United collapsed on Thursday after a Saudi Arabia-led consortium withdrew its bid amid growing fears it would fail the Premier League’s owners’ and directors’ test. In effect the consortium walked before it was pushed.

I agree with you 100% on that. Paul and you lads are the only ones out of all podcasts that I have listened to discuss our financial situation in great depth.
They called out Kenwright and running of the club ages ago. I’ve constantly criticised Bill Kenwright for the best part of 20 years and even fallen out with other fans over him.
The guys always calling out the shambolic board. They are spot on by the way.
I think it’s a bit unfair to have a go at anybody that suggested a couple of signings that didn’t happen and still calling him out for it.
I sure he had the nod from some quarters over that.
And yes the esk definitely IMO wants what’s best for Everton.
My memory of the esk debacle was that he was very very pro moshiri and basically acted like he was his best mate for ages telling people what was going to happen and how good it was and saying he'd seen the stadium before everyone else and he knew what players we were signing. Then he looked a fool because he'd played up to his ITK thing and it all fell flat on its face and then he very quickly became totally anti moshiri and started saying he was the exact opposite of what he'd said previously it was very hard not to see that as a reaction to him looking stupid rather than based on actual knowledge.

I enjoy Talking the Blues, the odd time I listen in. I enjoy the two brothers - they are a nice contrast. Passionate, but also quite angry - in a good way, at times. The Esk lets them off, which is the best approach, really.

However, on a recent episode, the Esk had the temerity to essentially guarantee that we would suffer a second points penalty later this season for a PSR breach because the first appeal had failed to overturn certain assertions. I was astounded at this matter-of-fact aside. I mean, this is the same man who told the Internet in January that Everton were compliant.

My memory of the esk debacle was that he was very very pro moshiri and basically acted like he was his best mate for ages telling people what was going to happen and how good it was and saying he'd seen the stadium before everyone else and he knew what players we were signing. Then he looked a fool because he'd played up to his ITK thing and it all fell flat on its face and then he very quickly became totally anti moshiri and started saying he was the exact opposite of what he'd said previously it was very hard not to see that as a reaction to him looking stupid rather than based on actual knowledge.
It is quite impressive how somebody who has been consistency wrong about almost everything for the last 7 years is considered some kind all knowing messiah by some.

But hey, thats show business.

Johnson, Brexit and Trump.

When you see those things happen, it really wakes you up to how many really, really stupid people we share this planet with.

Just think, in a room of 10 people, at least 6 of those people are clinical extremely stupid.

BIGGLY.
"Think of how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of them are more stupid than THAT." - George Carlin

Johnson, Brexit and Trump.

When you see those things happen, it really wakes you up to how many really, really stupid people we share this planet with.

Just think, in a room of 10 people, at least 6 of those people are clinical extremely stupid.

BIGGLY.

Never ceases to amaze me how utterly dense the majorty of the population are.

That's why the Tories have managed to stay in Government for so long, because they appeal to the rich and people of Low IQ.