777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If 777 could pass the PL suitability test, they would have already. That's the only detail germane to the conversation and the club.

Who is pushing what agenda through which outlet is irrelevant.

If he were disputing that Liege players were not paid on time, that Vasco did not have a transfer ban levied, that 777re was losing $2billion worth of capital, that would be relevant. I don't see that he has, because he can't.
Exactly.
They have been unable or unwilling to rebut the overwhelming majority of the poor press concerning them.
And this includes not just their football investments but across all their various interests.
And the PL has still not been able to approve them, despite the amount of time ithat has already elapsed.
I suspect this forthcoming meeting will involve them telling the PL that they will push Everton into administration if they are not approved.
Hence the apparent briefings containing this threat.
Scoundrels who can’t be trusted and who are exactly the type of dubious characters the PL say they want to prevent gaining ownership of clubs.

I heard a rumour that Esk is associated with MSP, maybe MSP are a rival bidder and he's funding these Josimar articles haha

It's a weird rabbit hole all this 777 stuff, and I wish it would be concluded one way or another

We are in danger of too much messenger shooting here whilst avoiding the message.
There is nothing to recommend them as owners of our club, as far as I can see.
None of the clubs they own are outperforming expectations, nearly all have very disgruntled fans , and failed payments, often incurring penalties , is all too common.
But if anyone can enlighten me to any good points to their football club ownership , I’m all ears.

If 777 could pass the PL suitability test, they would have already. That's the only detail germane to the conversation and the club.

Who is pushing what agenda through which outlet is irrelevant.

If he were disputing that Liege players were not paid on time, that Vasco did not have a transfer ban levied, that 777re was losing $2billion worth of capital, that would be relevant. I don't see that he has, because he can't.
I think if there an agenda / narrative / game being played it’s more about what happens if / when 777 falls through. Like you say they are capable of failing without any help.

The narratives being driven at the moment seem to be: “nothing could be worse than 777”, “when 777 falls through administration looms” “Moshiri needs to sell the club for a quid” “creditors need to take a haircut”.

What that suggests to me is someone wants not just to give an extra hand to 777 going away, but who wants to then pick the club up for a song, and possibly be seen as a white knight to avoid scrutiny of what they themselves bring to the party, ie it’s them or certain doom.

Speculating here but maybe some “prominent Evertonians” who maybe have wealth but not Premier League wealth, and sense their one and only chance to pick up the club while at its lowest ebb.

My question / fear is: how much worse do they need things to get before they can get their mitts on the club, and does that benefit the club any more than 777, as dubious as they are? If they are objectively better in every way, why not stick their heads above the parapet rather than rely on “trust me, bro” whispers about their existence?

We are in danger of too much messenger shooting here whilst avoiding the message.
There is nothing to recommend them as owners of our club, as far as I can see.
None of the clubs they own are outperforming expectations, nearly all have very disgruntled fans , and failed payments, often incurring penalties , is all too common.
But if anyone can enlighten me to any good points to their football club ownership , I’m all ears.
The good points are very little, having a multi-team network could help with scouting and transfers, and they have a few experienced footballing men who would be in charge like Dransfield and Spors. Unfortunately everything else is extremely suspect and we don't need this type of dodgy ownership right now

I think if there an agenda / narrative / game being played it’s more about what happens if / when 777 falls through. Like you say they are capable of failing without any help.

The narratives being driven at the moment seem to be: “nothing could be worse than 777”, “when 777 falls through administration looms” “Moshiri needs to sell the club for a quid” “creditors need to take a haircut”.

What that suggests to me is someone wants not just to give an extra hand to 777 going away, but who wants to then pick the club up for a song, and possibly be seen as a white knight to avoid scrutiny of what they themselves bring to the party, ie it’s them or certain doom.

Speculating here but maybe some “prominent Evertonians” who maybe have wealth but not Premier League wealth, and sense their one and only chance to pick up the club while at its lowest ebb.

My question / fear is: how much worse do they need things to get before they can get their mitts on the club, and does that benefit the club any more than 777, as dubious as they are? If they are objectively better in every way, why not stick their heads above the parapet rather than rely on “trust me, bro” whispers about their existence?
I’m surmising that any other interested parties cannot enter the arena while 777 have already purchased the club subject to PL approval.
There is no gain to them advertising their interest until this process has completed one way or the other.
If they exist of course.

Personally i just wanna enjoy the Football again!

Seems too much to ask!

Sigh!
That's the best home game we have played for a while & got unfairly 3-1 beaten - 1st pen this season = missed an Everton that moment .... ..... Dyche has to change our formation - it's not working - a drudge to watch .... pint deductions are immaterial if Moshiri does not sell the club to a proper investor not 777.....

The good points are very little, having a multi-team network could help with scouting and transfers, and they have a few experienced footballing men who would be in charge like Dransfield and Spors. Unfortunately everything else is extremely suspect and we don't need this type of dodgy ownership right now
Is Dransfield a footballing man ?
I thought his specialty was in identifying and negotiating the purchase of Football clubs , more financial than football?
Spors is of course respected but his expertise is spread very thinly across 777 ‘s football interests.

I thought his specialty was in identifying and negotiating the purchase of Football clubs , more financial than football?
Spors is of course respected but his expertise is spread very thinly across 777 ‘s football interests.
They’re both employees. If we want them we can try and hire them. 777 doesn’t bring them to the table in the medium to long term, they could be gone tomorrow.

Ownership is stickier. You want someone well funded and a good operator. There’s plenty of evidence out there that 777 are neither.

I’m surmising that any other interested parties cannot enter the arena while 777 have already purchased the club subject to PL approval.
There is no gain to them advertising their interest until this process has completed one way or the other.
If they exist of course.
There’s no reason they couldn’t be publicly named as interested. If they were credible investors who would easily satisfy OAD it might even harden the PLs resolve not to pass 777, knowing there is a decent fallback, especially with the pressure 777 are putting on with these “without us theyre screwed” briefings.

I mean I suppose he isn’t a footballing man yeah haha, but anyone who has worked for man city for an extended amount of time would probably be a decent addition, especially when compared to Bill, Denise, Sharp etc