777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not going to hear anything until January now I expect.

This guy Spors is, or at least was, General Manager of Genoa, not sure of what exact role he occupies, if any, at the other 777 clubs, but surely he can't fulfill roles at multiple clubs unless in a very broad advisory capacity.

I haven't read the article, but he seems to suggest there that he'll take an active role with us if the takeover is approved. Surely as the flagship club within the 777 stable, that would mean a full-time or as near to full-time a role with us as is practicable.

777 still on the charm offensive and it probably makes sense to put the football people in the spotlight rather than the business guys. Spors is a credible guy.

I agree, the benefits of being in a big group of clubs like this is limitless... Spors is credible and in this piece talking about sharing academies, sharing scouting, loaning young players to lesser leagues.... it all makes really good reading on a football level and is very beneficial.

1702634371874.png

1702634211052.png

It`s such a shame that I don`t think 777 will be the best owners for our club.

Not going to hear anything until January now I expect.

This guy Spors is General Manager of Genoa, not sure of what exact role he occupies, if any, at the other 777 clubs, but surely he can't fulfill roles at multiple clubs unless in a very broad advisory capacity.

I haven't read the article, but he seems to suggest there that he'll take an active role with us if the takeover is approved. Surely as the flagship club within the 777 stable, that would mean a full-time or as near to full-time a role with us as is practicable.
Spors is the Director of all the clubs Sporting Directors/Directors of Football....

Each club has their own and they report in to him, he says he gets around the clubs but also holds conferences so that they all come together.

So if all clubs in the 777 umbrella share scouts etc, who decides what club has dibs on players first?

The player.

It's why you don't see mass signings between these group clubs. Either the player isn't good enough to move up, makes too much to move down, or doesn't want to go to the other club.

If there's a guy good enough to be in our first time at Liege, he likely has other options as well.

The player.

It's why you don't see mass signings between these group clubs. Either the player isn't good enough to move up, makes too much to move down, or doesn't want to go to the other club.

If there's a guy good enough to be in our first time at Liege, he likely has other options as well.
An example would be Radu Dragusin the big CB at Genoa. I have seen a few on here mention him as a possible signing and rightly so, but he is already on the radar of clubs like Bayern and City and likely to have his pick of bigger clubs than us sadly

The player.

Exactly, it’s not about dibs but finding the appropriate team for the player’s level.

For an example of the benefits of this, one of the frustrations of late has been the club paying large fees for players who moved for much lower ones 1-2 years prior, like Onana or Beto.

I would guess part of this is the recruitment team is identifying these players as good prospects but not ready yet for the PL, and our finances and the immediate needs of the squad have meant we haven’t been able to bring in a bunch of 5-10m prospects and let them percolate.

In the group structure instead of putting these “good value but not ready” files back in the cabinet you pass them on to clubs at a more appropriate level and get them within the structure. Likewise if Liege or Berlin ID a player who’s a real prospect but maybe out of their league they can pass the file up.

I agree, the benefits of being in a big group of clubs like this is limitless... Spors is credible and in this piece talking about sharing academies, sharing scouting, loaning young players to lesser leagues.... it all makes really good reading on a football level and is very beneficial.

View attachment 238540

View attachment 238539

This is the big conundrum when it comes to 777. Evaluating them as people and their wider business there are enough red flags to be very nervous about their involvement.

But evaluate their football business in isolation and they’re doing a lot of things right: multi-club is probably the way to go these days, they are buying historical or big market clubs with huge untapped potential, and they have put good football people in place to run a modern football operation.

So in isolation their football setup is one I’d be quite excited by, if it wasn’t for the massive concerns over 777s wider group. If the football business is allowed to function free of the (seeming) chaos of the wider group it could still be a positive though, if it happens.

View attachment 238540

View attachment 238539

I think multi-club model is a good move for us if we are established at the top of the pyramid but we require better leadership than 777.

I dream of a Man City style consortium who allow this club to compete again. Moshiri and Kenwright dumped us into more and more trouble every single season.

I hope we get a Christmas miracle

I think multi-club model is a good move for us if we are established at the top of the pyramid but we require better leadership than 777.

I dream of a Man City style consortium who allow this club to compete again. Moshiri and Kenwright dumped us into more and more trouble every single season.

I hope we get a Christmas miracle
we all want a happy ending for christmas mate...

I know this seems like a mad thing to say, but administration followed by the right owner might actually be worth 9 points looking at the current table. Is it better than 777?
No. Administration damages a club on levels far beyond the points deduction. First thing the administrators do is sell off our best, sellable players so the damage is way more than 9 points. It’s fatal, and it’s not an option anyone could choose.