777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thing is, for a fraction of what he was bidding for United he could buy us, wipe out our debts and finish the stadium. And then a debt-free PL club with a brand new world class stadium would be the perfect canvas to emulate what the Saudis have done with Newcastle in a short space of time. We have our problems, but like Newcastle, they can all be solved with money.

There's obviously more prestige in owning United but if he wants a route into the PL you could argue the business case for buying us.

I dont disagree, but the one thing whoever ends up owing us will have to address/live with, is the losses/FFP situation. Newcastle could spend cos Ashley turned a profit year on year. Once the off field economies kick in, a different picture emerges.

I dont disagree, but the one thing whoever ends up owing us will have to address/live with, is the losses/FFP situation. Newcastle could spend cos Ashley turned a profit year on year. Once the off field economies kick in, a different picture emerges.
We have substantialy rehabilitated our finances and the P&S rules work on a 3 year cycle
Don't get me wrong , I'm not saying we can spend half a billion but we defonhave wriggle room next season

This is true, although the last few years of necessary belt tightening and wage reduction do make for an improving picture on that front. And as the likes of City and Newcastle show where there's a will to get revenue into a club to help FFP they'll find a way, especially through the Qatar Airways Arena.

We have substantialy rehabilitated our finances and the P&S rules work on a 3 year cycle
Don't get me wrong , I'm not saying we can spend half a billion but we defonhave wriggle room next season

This is true, although the last few years of necessary belt tightening and wage reduction do make for an improving picture on that front. And as the likes of City and Newcastle show where there's a will to get revenue into a club to help FFP they'll find a way, especially through the Qatar Airways Arena.

Both good points.

Two problems easily solved by a megarich oil state owner though - replenish the lost USM income (and more) with similar sponsorship deals from related companies, and end the loan repayments by paying off the debt.
Indeed, we are currently a loss making business tho.

But if somebody was to pay the debts off, we wouldnt be.

The debts are what are currently hamstringing us.

1697310777555.jpg