777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just how ‘in the dark’ is everyone on this? Are there no indications whatsoever on the following:

How much money is required for 777 (or somebody else) to gain control of Everton?
Nobody has a clue. Everton alone is practically worthless. (the debt and running costs per year is probably the same as the 'real' value.
If 777 are actually capable of obtaining the required amount to gain control, how is the payment being structured…
If they are not, they must be pretty confident they can generate the illusion of being able to do so. (without proof of funds the PL won't sign off)
Is it a simple purchase of Moshiri’s shares, with all the money going to Moshiri? Or is the lion’s share going towards paying off debt? Or an unknown combination of the two?

This information is extremely important because the way in which the takeover is being structured could make a really big difference to everything!
Again, nobody knows. I know that Moshiri just needs a guaranteed figure, and he doesn't need it all at once. Maybe the passive aggressive message from the Usmanov camp a few days back about hoping to be repaid means he has little choice.
At present there are two potential liabilities that make Everton unattractive, which are the prospect of relegation and the ongoing costs of the stadium. But if the risk of relegation is removed, and the stadium costs ultimately become paid for by paying off the debt incurred through its construction, then a new owner could actually end up getting themselves a bargain.

If the figures are relatively low (300 - 500 million) and the lion’s share is going towards paying off our substantial debts, then I think there is an argument to be made that the new owners are getting a very good deal, and that we should be able to attract better owners than 777.

If the takeover involves the removal of debt for the stadium, the new owners are acquiring a well established premier league club in a brand new stadium with a small or nonexistent debt burden.

IF that’s what is on offer, we should be able to attract better than 777.
I read somewhere in a US study of premier league future earnings that even a middling PL club will actually worth around 2.5 BILLION in a couple of years time.. Even if 777 end up spending half that (Moshiri shares, loan, stadium) it's going to be a great money spinner for them. (the only thing they're interested in)

Anyone listening to the FAB call?

Not necessarily their fault, but doesn’t sound like anything useful was discussed in their meeting with the 777 fella (the ex City group one)
I had it on, left after 1hr 45. They were in the final throes then anyway.

Honestly there wasn't much said. Dave Kelly met with the fella who used to be at City and said he seemed sound enough. Dave shared a few concerns about lack of engagement with the past owner and board. It's something they will review should they gain control. Nothing sensitive/business related was discussed, I don't think anybody sane would think it would be.

They appear to be big on promises but short on delivery in general.
I think that finger can be pointed at anybody new coming into a business. You can only judge them on actions after the event.
Just a bunch of sharks picking off the wounded.
We wounded ourselves through shambolic decision making. This is the price we pay.
We should be beating them of with paddles, not dipping our hands into the water to attract them !!!
We're too injured. Right now they're the only game in town. Moshiri cannot/will not spend another penny. No operating cash = no Everton in 3 months.

777 will have the sole aim of making money. To make money they have to run a viable business. There's no assets to strip, nothing to leverage against.

The noise around them is terrible, but people repeating the same things over and over only amplifies the feeling of dread. There's absolutely nothing we as fans can do about who Moshiri sells to, so might as well see what happens.

Honestly there wasn't much said. Dave Kelly met with the fella who used to be at City and said he seemed sound enough. Dave shared a few concerns about lack of engagement with the past owner and board. It's something they will review should they gain control. Nothing sensitive/business related was discussed, I don't think anybody sane would think it would be.
I did post a question in the chat asking whether Dave had challenged or asked about the basis of the “legal advice” to not discuss anything about Everton, but it wasn’t addressed/answered.

I don’t really see why that sort of advice would be given (now that a deal is agreed with Moshiri), unless they either:

- would otherwise give different answers to different groups
Or
- would be giving answers to the regulatory bodies that would be unpalatable to fans.

Very broad range of questions there but one of my main concerns is future leveraging of the stadium. It would make all that's gone before to get us to the stage we're at now largely pointless and a huge waste of effort.

The stadium isn't just an aesthetic that looks great to view, to visit, and to see on TV. If the club can't benefit from the increased revenue streams then we're stuck where we are, not literally obviously but in every other sense.

The stadium has to belong to the club.

And a commendation to Esk for putting himself out there despite criticism and taking the time to do this. I think we'll not get much of value from it though.

Useless asking them anything. Saying and doing is two completely different things. I'd just ask them why has a club they bought have a transfer ban through late payments.

Sadly I fear Esk is doing far more harm than good ere.

At a time when the fans need to look at the real evidence before their very eyes of how 777 operate, Esk is simply giving these charlatans a platform to tell a load of lies and false promises in order to woo the fanbase.

Actions speaker louder than words my friend and we shouldn't be giving this group any air time to hoodwink the fans.

Last edited:

Nobody has a clue. Everton alone is practically worthless. (the debt and running costs per year is probably the same as the 'real' value.

If they are not, they must be pretty confident they can generate the illusion of being able to do so. (without proof of funds the PL won't sign off)

Again, nobody knows. I know that Moshiri just needs a guaranteed figure, and he doesn't need it all at once. Maybe the passive aggressive message from the Usmanov camp a few days back about hoping to be repaid means he has little choice.

I read somewhere in a US study of premier league future earnings that even a middling PL club will actually worth around 2.5 BILLION in a couple of years time.. Even if 777 end up spending half that (Moshiri shares, loan, stadium) it's going to be a great money spinner for them. (the only thing they're interested in)

I think that finger can be pointed at anybody new coming into a business. You can only judge them on actions after the event.

We wounded ourselves through shambolic decision making. This is the price we pay.

We're too injured. Right now they're the only game in town. Moshiri cannot/will not spend another penny. No operating cash = no Everton in 3 months.

777 will have the sole aim of making money. To make money they have to run a viable business. There's no assets to strip, nothing to leverage against.

The noise around them is terrible, but people repeating the same things over and over only amplifies the feeling of dread. There's absolutely nothing we as fans can do about who Moshiri sells to, so might as well see what happens.
Which is fine as long as those urging us to accept the process are not the ones urging us to protest in years to come.
The evidence against them is currently overwhelmingly and inarguably negative, they are not to be trusted and as someone who owns and runs a business, I would never choose to do any business with them.
They are untrustworthy and are already guilty of causing severe distress and damagec to businesses they own or have an interest in by their very poor financial practices.
To encourage us to allow this group to gain ownership without a word of complaint is like asking an innocent man to face a firing squad in the vain hope the guns have been loaded with blanks.

Useless asking them anything. Saying and doing is two completely different things. I'd just ask them why has a club they bought have a transfer ban through late payments.
Who is he asking these questions of, too?

It's not going to be the Kendall Roy looking MF with the baseball cap, is it?

Is he just going to ring the number on the Web site and demand answers of the receptionist?

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when people get involved in something as emotive as the Premier League and only care about profit.

At a time when the fans need to look at the real evidence before their very eyes of how 777 operate, Esk is simply giving these charlatans a platform to tell a load of lies and false promises in order to woo the fanbase into sliding down its panties.

Remember Farhad "promising" a striker in January ?

Actions speaker louder than words - we shouldn't be giving this group any air time to hoodwink the fanbase.
Like it or not they are likely going to be our owners so there needs to be communication, we can't just put our fingers in our ears, ignore them, and hope they go away.

Yeah, anything they promise might be BS and we should take everything with a large pinch of salt, but their words will set the benchmark to judge their actual performance.

Deny them a platform now to set out their plans and we can't complain about what they do subsequently - if they don't do x,y or z as owners they can simply say "well. we never said we would".

I did post a question in the chat asking whether Dave had challenged or asked about the basis of the “legal advice” to not discuss anything about Everton, but it wasn’t addressed/answered.

I don’t really see why that sort of advice would be given (now that a deal is agreed with Moshiri), unless they either:

- would otherwise give different answers to different groups
Or
- would be giving answers to the regulatory bodies that would be unpalatable to fans.
I did see that pop up in the chat.

Which is fine as long as those urging us to accept the process are not the ones urging us to protest in years to come.
The evidence against them is currently overwhelmingly and inarguably negative, they are not to be trusted and as someone who owns and runs a business, I would never choose to do any business with them.
They are untrustworthy and are already guilty of causing severe distress and damagec to businesses they own or have an interest in by their very poor financial practices.
To encourage us to allow this group to gain ownership without a word of complaint is like asking an innocent man to face a firing squad in the vain hope the guns have been loaded with blanks.
Right, but this is where we are.

Years of turning a blind eye by 10s of Thousands because "Bills a blue, just like us" has led us to where we are today. We should have been up in arms 20 years ago over lies about Fortress, KD, ring fenced money and then later on countless Kirkby lies. We weren't, so here we are. Beggars hoping for a lifeline.

777 are seemingly the only show in town. Without 'someone' coming in over the next two months we are royally screwed. It was printed in black and white in the accounts. Without shareholder (Moshiri) support Everton isn't a viable business. As he's now unwilling/unable to fund the sinking ship we need someone else who is.

It it can drag on beyond the hearing when we have a clearer picture another serious buyer may swoop in but there's no assurances.

I'm not annoyed at Moshiri/Usmanov. They've shown willingness to spend. The disappointment was their passiveness in the boardroom.

As usual, my anger, all of it, is aimed at Kenwright.

I genuinely hope he's miserable and suffering.

At a time when the fans need to look at the real evidence before their very eyes of how 777 operate, Esk is simply giving these charlatans a platform to tell a load of lies and false promises in order to woo the fanbase.

Actions speaker louder than words my friend and we shouldn't be giving this group any air time to hoodwink the fans.

Anyone engaging with 777 at this stage are doing harm.

777 don't want the boat rocked during regulatory approval.

It's an exercise from them to engage to appease and anyone accepting that for their own ego are patsies

I think the big question for me is why. Why would anyone buy a failing business at a low ebb, the biggest reason has to be to improve its position and sell at a profit.
What would they gain from buying something only for it to fall further away? Thats the bit I cant get my head round.
WHY???