777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Asking and getting are two different things.

I'm not a commercial law expert but I would expect that there will be a change of ownership clause in the loans that require the loan to be repaid when the owner sells.
I don't think it will be definitive requirement but I do agree that they will have the ability to call in the loans upon change of ownership.

Given the negativity surrounding 777 I expect that MSP and R&M would certainly be looking for their money back rather than renegotiating or transferring the loan.

FCA could block it.
I worked on a large project a couple of years ago, securing FCA approval for a company I previously worked with.

The owner of the firm wasn’t able himself to get FCA accreditation due to his past misdemeanours. They were still more than happy to provide the approval to the company after he brought in a squeaky clean individual to head up the function.

I don’t think the FCA will have to much concern other than money laundering regs, but that is part of the overall test, so I’m not sure that will be an issue.

He will be repeating what Prentice told him.
Of course he is. He's a creature of the club. A hired hand.

His performance in the transfer windows underlines that.

We're being served badly here though:

On the one hand we have Myers with his land of milk and honey tweets, and then on the other hand we have 'others' who are determined to portray us on the cusp of going out of business.

I suggest that the reality is somewhere in between.

I don't think it will be definitive requirement but I do agree that they will have the ability to call in the loans upon change of ownership.

Given the negativity surrounding 777 I expect that MSP and R&M would certainly be looking for their money back rather than renegotiating or transferring the loan.

It's all speculations now, but it's being reported that they won't pay much now to Moshiri for his shares, they will pay him later on, requesting the same from MSP and R&M, it means they don't have the capital right now, so if MSP and/or R&M refuse the request, the whole deal can collapse

I worked on a large project a couple of years ago, securing FCA approval for a company I previously worked with.

The owner of the firm wasn’t able himself to get FCA accreditation due to his past misdemeanours. They were still more than happy to provide the approval to the company after he brought in a squeaky clean individual to head up the function.

I don’t think the FCA will have to much concern other than money laundering regs, but that is part of the overall test, so I’m not sure that will be an issue.
Why are the FCA involved though? We’re not a financial services firm.

Mentioned this earlier.

Some of it really feels orchestrated.
Whilst I agree, and playing Devil's Advocate here - does it not also apply to a lot of the 'noises' we've also been hearing on the flipside?

I keep hearing about how this lot may as well be a mafia outfit that are out to bleed the club dry.. but a lot of that sentiment seems unfounded and generally doesn't make much sense to me from a purely business perspective..

Of course he is. He's a creature of the club. A hired hand.

His performance in the transfer windows underlines that.

We're being served badly here though:

On the one hand we have Myers with his land of milk and honey tweets, and then on the other hand we have 'others' who are determined to portray us on the cusp of going out of business.

I suggest that the reality is somewhere in between.
Agree Dave