777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would they charge an enormous rate of interest to a club they are about to purchase?
Opportunity cost of capital.

Also, so they can make a profit on paper, let’s the interest accrue on the EFC balance sheet (I don’t think it would be paid in cash, but could be wrong), then the principal of the loan and accrued interest are converted to equity.

I don't think that's the plan. Even if 777 take ownership of some of the stadium via the loans defaulting then "buy" the rest, even charging us an affordable rent they'll make loads back over decades. Their plan won't be to drive us under, but essentially be lucrative landlords forever.

No idea where relegation fits into this plan though...
They won’t invest , they haven’t done elsewhere.
They will sell what they can to ( goodbye Pickford )
They will raise admission prices,
They will try to con the fans into funding the club themselves with worthless bonds and sub standard overpriced financial products.
At best we will continue languish in the lower half of the league through lack of investment.
More likely we will drop to the championship , but as long as the supporters continue to support the team and provide their profit , that will be enough for them.
I am basing this gloomy outlook on their public statements , the history of this group and their performance in clubs they have already gained an interest in.
There is literally not one positive thing I have read about them.

Opportunity cost of capital.

Also, so they can make a profit on paper, let’s the interest accrue on the EFC balance sheet (I don’t think it would be paid in cash, but could be wrong), then the principal of the loan and accrued interest are converted to equity.
Could also be packaged and sold as bonds by 777 to investors to raise more working capital.
Edit: As mentioned about us, these are also robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Last edited:
On what planet will we earn money from an asset we don't own?

Same way you do if you buy a house with a mortgage. The lender pays the loan (which we pay in rent) plus they get a yearly fee of x amount of millions which is just profit to them. We would gain the extra matchday income which would cover the rent and possibly a bit more in change. I expect us to get the income from Everton related stuff like tours etc. and may be the day to day running of the restaurants. They may get to keep concerts and other events held at the stadium. So not ideal for us as the club won't be maximising the extras that are raised through BM, but if someone said they'll move you in to a bigger and better property in a more affluent area AND they'll pay you some money back you would be happy.

PS for what it is worth I don't think they'll split the stadium from the club...yet.

seems like anything we do doesn’t make a difference , the stadium build is one thing but these loans for just the day to day running of the club that can’t carry on and i can’t see a way out of it like what’s costing so much that’s killing us is it interest on other loans leccy bills something doesn’t add up

When 777 takeover then they'll be consolidating those debts. MSP will go and you'd think R&M will too. They are not stupid enough to buy a business that cannot meet it's repayments and thus go into administration.

has since day one

Any project where you have to spend before it generates anything is by nature an extra strain. Doing nothing was also not an option though, we generate the same amount of income at Goodison as club's like Southampton do and way beyond West Ham. If they finish ahead of us in the league then they get more income that way and it becomes ever harder to keep up, nevermind get ahead.

Correct.

The working capital loan says more about Moshiri than 777 or their bid. Moshiri has turned off the faucet, and this is a bridge loan to get the deal complete.

If the deal is not consummated, then it gets a bit messier.

Agreed, I think this was a part of the deal that they will lend this money for minimal interest - if any, to get the club to the point it is sold. Nothing really to see here other than it might reduce interest by paying back others.

The salient point is your last part though, I see this as all normal but if the deal doesn't go through then we are absolutely screwed.

Also, I don’t think they have any interest in buying the stadium from the club and leasing it back. They don’t seem to be the type to tie up 750 million in a physical asset.

More likely the keep the club, sell the stadium to finance the purchase of the club.

Same sort of outcome, but I don’t see them owning BMD in either case.

Also, I don’t think they have any interest in buying the stadium from the club and leasing it back. They don’t seem to be the type to tie up 750 million in a physical asset.

More likely the keep the club, sell the stadium to finance the purchase of the club.

Same sort of outcome, but I don’t see them owning BMD in either case.

A forced sale is the fallback position if we default. Particularly if they don’t end up buying the club.

A healthy club of course wouldn’t charge the stadium on high interest, short term finance.