777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to the esk the price Moshiri wants is 1.1 billion and that’s why we ain’t selling
Take what he says with a pinch of salt this size

salt_lg.jpg

There are two reasons to buy a PL football club, profit - and I think you will agree that nobody is turning a profit on us in the immediate short term but maybe over a 10 year period hence the American interest - and prestige as a projection of soft power - why would you buy us for that reason when we are expensive and rubbish, there are safer bets out there?

We'll end up with 777 or somebody like that, imo.
Here is the thing, I don't think we are that expensive or rubbish by the way, at least from a financial perspective. And that is the argument from a lot of people on here.
There are ways to structure any deal to make it affordable enough to even a pauper though, like you have mentioned.
The issue is whether or not Football in its current form is even profitable from purely a sporting perspective, none of the clubs can remain profitable from prize money alone.
The commercial contracts and broadcast income are the bread and butter, and so it is no longer just sport but entertainment. And sooo, are you not entertained? Granted it is shady page 3 type stuff.
This is where I think Spurs are still considered a successful club, obviously not because of their trophy cabinet but because of good commercial operations (that I know of). Of course, it also helps when you have people like Kane, Modric, Bale, Berbatov, and arguably more importantly Son.

According to the esk the price Moshiri wants is 1.1 billion and that’s why we ain’t selling
To be more precise... Moshiri would like/wants £1.1billion and that's why nobody is buying...

There's nobody out there dumb enough to pay that kind of money for a business with so many overheads. commitments, debts and no assets other than the players.

To be more precise... Moshiri would like/wants £1.1billion and that's why nobody is buying...

There's nobody out there dumb enough to pay that kind of money for a business with so many overheads. commitments, debts and no assets other than the players.

Not so sure some havnt worked this through.

If/when the PL wake up and own the broadcast content instead of selling it off, the landscape would change quite a lot. Income wise. That doesnt address any of your correct points, and relegation is the obvious risk. A few in the media have been mentioning this for a while, so I cant claim any credit for it, but if you could sell PL TV for say £10 pm, across the globe, to 100 million subscribers would lob a pretty large amount of cash, every month, to the league. Thats like £12 Billion a year. (I think).

It would just make footballers richer, obvs, but I can see the attraction.

We need some Sports Washers.
I personally want no business with sport washing owners but broadly speaking it is interesting to see what other sovereign wealth funds may have interest in football removed of the common names in the future. Obviously some of the middle east countries are doing this as much as to diversify their wealth but more in relation to public appeal. If for other countries the sole purpose is simply to park some money im not sure the financial gains are really there. Still i'd be curious the level of "profit" Qatar and UAE have made from sports ventures and if other countries may want to enter the fold. Kuwait, Oman, Kazakhstan, Brunei there are a lot of oil states with a reserve that could realistically compete with the rest of nation state owned clubs. Will others see this as a path to diversify their assets?

The other thing in relation to 777 sale I dont get is how scarcity and the amount of seeking buyers arent really presenting more potential bidders. There was a slew of interested owners in Chelsea not so long ago. United are in constant talks with prospective buyers. Now Tottenham is garnering rumors. Clearly musical chairs means most interested in any of those will miss out. Regardless of our financial issues there is a growth plate I would think that would outweigh 2/3rds the division. Especially for owners willing to buy a club for three times the evaluation of us currently. Everton in even the most pessimistic view is one of the 10 largest clubs in the country. I'm just not really sure why Moshiri isnt able to market or make the club appear as the back up plan to the rest of these failed bidders for larger clubs.

Not sure why people take what this guy says for facts, the esk does have info on the club but the way he says it is facts. About how much the club can spend, trqnsfers ext has got plenty wrong. Yes he does have some better ideas on the money side but again does not have all the facts.

That seems to be the case but I find it hard to believe there isnt more wiggle room then what has been rumored. Ultimately owning a club is a stature thing in a billionaire class. These arent cash flow assets for the most part. Its a scarcity market that returns are mainly made on resale. We have our financial issues but if someone is buying its likely with at least a 10 year vision. The club is still one of the largest in the country, in a huge media market, with a foothold in america as well compared to its average league finishes.

IDK I just don't understand how some of these intrigued bidders of United, Spurs, Chelsea prior to Boehly don't see the possibilities with us as distressed asset. The rationale is similar to Newcastle last year. Everyone knows there is a growth plate if Everton can be run functionally. That can't be said for the majority of other clubs. In the immediate sure its a bit rocky but what are those losses compared to the purchase price.

I personally want no business with sport washing owners but broadly speaking it is interesting to see what other sovereign wealth funds may have interest in football removed of the common names in the future. Obviously some of the middle east countries are doing this as much as to diversify their wealth but more in relation to public appeal. If for other countries the sole purpose is simply to park some money im not sure the financial gains are really there. Still i'd be curious the level of "profit" Qatar and UAE have made from sports ventures and if other countries may want to enter the fold. Kuwait, Oman, Kazakhstan, Brunei there are a lot of oil states with a reserve that could realistically compete with the rest of nation state owned clubs. Will others see this as a path to diversify their assets?

The other thing in relation to 777 sale I dont get is how scarcity and the amount of seeking buyers arent really presenting more potential bidders. There was a slew of interested owners in Chelsea not so long ago. United are in constant talks with prospective buyers. Now Tottenham is garnering rumors. Clearly musical chairs means most interested in any of those will miss out. Regardless of our financial issues there is a growth plate I would think that would outweigh 2/3rds the division. Especially for owners willing to buy a club for three times the evaluation of us currently. Everton in even the most pessimistic view is one of the 10 largest clubs in the country. I'm just not really sure why Moshiri isnt able to market or make the club appear as the back up plan to the rest of these failed bidders for larger clubs.
I dont think we are appealing as others think.

We are a club with hardly any assets, a half built, part paid for Stadium with huge internal and external debts.

A clever investor waits for the Stadium to be built at the very least and takes 1 "problem" off the table.

None of your fans want state ownership according to this forum.
You see these Everton fans, no ambition like the owner, if these Middle Eastern chaps have got the dough they say they have, we want China.

I dont think we are appealing as others think.

We are a club with hardly any assets, a half built, part paid for Stadium with huge internal and external debts.

A clever investor waits for the Stadium to be built at the very least and takes 1 "problem" off the table.
Clearly you must be right as that is how its playing out. But I just conflate that with the fact most of these clubs are not cash generating, the limited market of clubs for sale to begin with and that in a 10 year cycle the possibility if run correctly to double or triple the evaluation. There are exceptions but the majority of profit for owners is on resale. Moshiri is maybe a cautionary tale in which his financing over the duration of ownership has likely outweighed any potential of profit when added to what he bought the club for. With debts that clearly seem to be worrisome. IDK I just think there are slim margins to buy a club historically in a certain echelon and media potential. Clearly the books projected must be extremely concerning if we dont a appear an alternative for prospective owners willing to spend triple for acquisition of other clubs.