777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why not though, they get ownership of a legacy brand on the cheap and also get a piece of the pie if they ever turn profitable. It doesn't seem too bad for them.

And most of all, our boardroom would read like a roster from Legion of Doom.
As presented, using his power as a current board member to unilaterally load debt onto the club that the new owners need to pay will not happen, no.

If you’re saying instead of taking the money out in cash, Moshiri keeps it in the club and draws interest, I think that defeats the purpose of him selling the club. He seems to need cash.

The loan deal, in a no brainer for MSP, they don’t have to worry about managing the club and recovering it to realise and appreciate their investment as was the innital deal - they also don’t have to provide capital for cash flow.

The deal they have is brilliant, invest 100 mill, charge 10-15% interest on that and secured against BMD if we default. That’s a brilliant deal for them and investors and a lot less risky then taking a stake and providing capital.

The loan deal I suspect was offered to them as a last resort as we were desperate for cash.
Still makes no sense at all, if we were supposedly going to be moving on this quickly to a rival firm of there's.

I mean it makes sense, being that it's Everton.
But there is something very fishy about this whole saga.

Up to him really mate. He will no dobht try and do better, but here we are. I don’t think he’s getting much more or even that.

The club needs capital and cash flow mate. There are three ways of getting it. 1. The owner invests - 777 haven’t done this anywhere else. 2. The club borrows - with £550 mill in debt incoming we can’t afford to borrow, 3 Sell assets - players will be sold and as we have seen the last four windows they will be our ones.

Im open minded if there is another way mate.

I think the reality is we have to be more realistic with our transfer business, partly for FFP, partly for cash flow.

I think 777 will be good at that. I saw someone say as a criticism they halved costs at Genoa but got them promoted as a bad thing. I would say it was a good thing. It may not be what we want, but it shows acumen.

Moshiri, and to a lesser degree Kenwright have no idea how to operate in such a way.

My overall point though, would be it wont be a fire sale with the intent of getting us relegated. It would be some targeted sales, perhaps to the maximum degree while also moving us from relegation troubles. As the club going down kills any real value.

Theres a nuanced discussion to be had, but theres no sense in them having us relegated.

The club does seem to have got costs under better control, and I wonder now if we are losing maybe 25m p/a as opposed to 60m p/a.

But look, most teams have to sell players. It's an inevitability. Can you do it in an orderly manner, do it proactively and control/maximise the process is a fair question.

The loan deal, in a no brainer for MSP, they don’t have to worry about managing the club and recovering it to realise and appreciate their investment as was the innital deal - they also don’t have to provide capital for cash flow.

The deal they have is brilliant, invest 100 mill, charge 10-15% interest on that and secured against BMD if we default. That’s a brilliant deal for them and investors and a lot less risky then taking a stake and providing capital.

The loan deal I suspect was offered to them as a last resort as we were desperate for cash.

We were desperate for cash and they get a 10-12% risk free return.

The cash invested will probably stave off admin for the season. Its huge news.

As presented, using his power as a current board member to unilaterally load debt onto the club that the new owners need to pay will not happen, no.

If you’re saying instead of taking the money out in cash, Moshiri keeps it in the club and draws interest, I think that defeats the purpose of him selling the club. He seems to need cash.
It is not so unilateral, he fronted the cash to keep the stadium construction going and the stadium is a separate subsidiary entity of Everton.
So, he might simply be cashing out of the parent entity, for which he needs cash for operations as it is a guzzler while keeping his interests in the most likely profitable subsidiary in some form.
That way, he gets the cash for the club and is no longer responsible for the operations which has never been his expertise. Assuming the new owners have the expertise to actually run the club (against which there might be close to 700 million in debt), they might not need to leverage anything substantial to purchase the club. All assuming we remain functioning as a club of course.

I'm not sure how much more of a kicking this fanbase can take.
It's like a boot in the nutz almost daily now.

It's got to end sometime , and that's usually in a bad way for us.
I absolutely agree with this. It's pretty much a gut punch daily. And I understand the reasons for not wanting MSP or 777 in our club. We are running out of options FAST!

Even if the 777 deal goes through, it wouldn't be final until like January. I'm at a loss of what the heck are we going to do if some group doesn't save us from Bill and Moshiri asap.

I absolutely agree with this. It's pretty much a gut punch daily. And I understand the reasons for not wanting MSP or 777 in our club. We are running out of options FAST!

Even if the 777 deal goes through, it wouldn't be final until like January. I'm at a loss of what the heck are we going to do if some group doesn't save us from Bill and Moshiri asap.
As long as them two stick around nothing will change , apart from the clubs Premier League status.
It's a real mess nowadays.

At least Bloomberg's "today" has come and gone. One bit of hope. Farhad I'll still look back on you as a hero if you deliver us a world class owner alongside the new stadium.

I think the reality is we have to be more realistic with our transfer business, partly for FFP, partly for cash flow.

I think 777 will be good at that. I saw someone say as a criticism they halved costs at Genoa but got them promoted as a bad thing. I would say it was a good thing. It may not be what we want, but it shows acumen.

Moshiri, and to a lesser degree Kenwright have no idea how to operate in such a way.

My overall point though, would be it wont be a fire sale with the intent of getting us relegated. It would be some targeted sales, perhaps to the maximum degree while also moving us from relegation troubles. As the club going down kills any real value.

Theres a nuanced discussion to be had, but theres no sense in them having us relegated.

The club does seem to have got costs under better control, and I wonder now if we are losing maybe 25m p/a as opposed to 60m p/a.

But look, most teams have to sell players. It's an inevitability. Can you do it in an orderly manner, do it proactively and control/maximise the process is a fair question.

….question I’d ask is who’ll make the football decisions? More specifically, who’ll decide which players are bought and sold?

I’d be hoping they bring that expertise rather than be reliant on Thelwell.

Why would we borrow 100m towards the stadium from MSP
if we were heading straight in to a deal with this bloody 777. Surely they would've fronted that money instead of letting their competition get there fingers in us first.

they are gonna love being in debt to a rival company.

Because if we didn't the build would stop.