777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t know enough about all this and I’m also very concerned by their backgrounds and other clubs they are involved in.

So maybe someone can humour me here.

Why would they want to ‘kill us’ like I see so many saying? Surely that’s not viable business plan by them? If they want to flip us for a profit then surely it’s in their best interests to make us competitive & keep us in the Prem?

I also see the comments about them asset stripping us. Other than the stadium, what assets do we have to strip?!

To be clear I’m not defending them, just intrigued to learn more about why they’d want to kill us off, and how that benefits them by doing so?

They won't purposely come in and try and kill us, they'll just run us on the cheap. What we earn is what we can spend minus shareholder payouts, we'll be used to possibly raise capital to buy other clubs for the portfolio, so for instance if they need 50 million extra and could get that for DCL then the majority of the funds could be used elsewhere in the group.

If all sporting decisions are correct it may seem like we are a well run club, a few mistakes and it will be very hard to recover.

I would also say these are the type that could sell the stadium to a third party to raise funds.

md31350284472.png

Where have you got the £700m from? If you’re talking about transfer fees then that has come out of the football club. Has Moshiri spent £700m on shares? Because whatever he has spent on shares is the only money he has actually spent.

Again, I'm talking about the on the books debt compared to 777 dumping an instant £500mill of debt on the club.

It's comparing the position we're in now to if 777 came in.

Was going off the last set of books that said we have £150mill debt on the club and £150mill loan (which the worry was needing to be serviced on relegation).

The MSP money is new.

As it stands Moshiri hasn't called in the money he's put in.

The point being was that it's been said if 777 got involved it would be "better" than we are now

I don't see how a £500mill leverage is better.

If it were 500 million I can't see why we haven't got more people interested as effectively Moshiri would be handing the club over for nothing. Unless it is 500 million and they take on the approx 600 million of debt/amount to be paid out.

Again, I'm talking about the on the books debt compared to 777 dumping an instant £500mill of debt on the club.

It's comparing the position we're in now to if 777 came in.

Where have you got this from? I’m asking these questions because I haven’t looked into it in the slightest, not trying to be facetious.

Unfortunately, the present circumstances and parties involved is making me think of the problems and consequences experienced by Coventry and Leeds - losing their ground and relegation.

If 777 are as disreputable as posters here and elsewhere have suggested (and I've no reason to doubt them) then how could they possibly pass the Premiership's "fit and proper persons" standard?

I hope earlier posters are right and that Moshiri's distressed position is now seen by all and a better new owner comes forward.
Because the "fit and proper persons" test is a bad joke. At this point, two despot states with contemptible human rights issues have passed it.

Do they have money? Then pass 'em.

We can surmise that by the fact he's not waiting until the stadium is built to then sell when likely there would be better offers but we don't know this to be 100% sure, if the amount of the takeover is relatively high perhaps it hit a threshold to get out of Dodge.

We apparently owe 200 million to R&M
100 to MSP
200 odd left to pay LoR at the end of the year.

Then we owe whatever we owe to Moshiri that he hasn't yet converted into equity.
It's fair to say relegation = bankrupt.