777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Based on the way they run their other clubs you may be overly positive
My thinking was that we are massively in debt with a squad circling the Premier League drain. Unless they improve us how do they make a return on their investment?

The only way they make a quick buck is selling our best players. But then we get relegated and lose hundreds of millions.

I'm struggling to see what the end game is unless you are intending to build the club in to a profitable business.

Just landed in the US after a long flight and reading the news on Bloomberg. The article quotes a 777 staffer relating that they had doubled the value of a squad (meaningless unless there is someone willing to pay their valuation) and having cut squad costs by 50%. If that is the model, we are about to endure more of the same.

Jesus Moshiri must be taking one hell of a bath on the sale price if he is selling to this lot.

Just landed in the US after a long flight and reading the news on Bloomberg. The article quotes a 777 staffer relating that they had doubled the value of a squad (meaningless unless there is someone willing to pay their valuation) and having cut squad costs by 50%. If that is the model, we are about to endure more of the same.

Jesus Moshiri must be taking one hell of a bath on the sale price if he is selling to this lot.
Usmanov

Totally incompetent ownership compounded by Covid and then Ukraine.

He probably wishes he'd never heard of Everton.

Woke up to a message saying this was all agreed. (complete sale, agreed last Friday) Not done and signed, but agreed. Press statement prepped as is a document with responses to media questions.

Not from a person who is prone to sensationaliat attention seeking , but they do have a solid connection inside HQ.

Couple of things:

1) I have my doubts. if it was all agreed last Friday, something would surely have leaked by now?

2) Why would they do it now? There's still a (very slim) chance of a points deduction?

3) These guys are so bad, I can't see how they'd pass the fit and proper test. I do wonder if the motivation for the 777 fella getting voted onto the top table of the European Club Association was purely to give him an air of respectability.

You never know how things are going to work out, but based on what we know so far this woukd be an utter disaster.
I didn't want to believe it, but no smoke without fire.

The reality is Everton are massively, massively skint. How skint? HQ used to have a bowl of fruit in the staff pantry. Used to. Even the banana budget has vanished.

Im so worried by this. Something needs to happen of course as it is a matter of time that we are toast with this current group but of all groups to take over this is possibly the worst possible option based on what have come out.

Im so worried by this. Something needs to happen of course as it is a matter of time that we are toast with this current group but of all groups to take over this is possibly the worst possible option based on what have come out.
Said it before, every single terrible decision and failure of the business over the past 30 years can be directly connected to Kenwright.

Every single one.

He's the spider sat in the centre of the web of failure.

Clap! Clap! Clap!

Said it before, every single terrible decision and failure of the business over the past 30 years can be directly connected to Kenwright.

Every single one.

He's the spider sat in the centre of the web of failure.

Clap! Clap! Clap!
I certainly think there is merit in that theory, I have to believe he’s hasn’t done this on purpose. That said his insistence on staying on has led us here.

If this 777 takeover does happen I hope it works but Jesus going through a takeover in no more than hope that things might go right (as opposed to believing in a presented plan) is pretty grim