777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only solution to this is in Moshiri's hands. Either he lowers his asking price to very little, or he pays off the Rights and Media loan, keeps half of the club for now and gives MSP and 777 the other half. That way one buyer could theoretically come in, probably after we'd moved to the new ground. I don't think he has the appetite for it, though, certainly not until we're in danger of bankruptcy.

Putting money into the club is not a bad thing.
I agree.. the owners of newcastle should be allowed to lash as much money as they want into the club without having to find ways around P&S that involves temporarily inflating the value of the club into the hundreds of trillions. If they want to spend 10 billion on players this summer they should be allowed to as long as it's not saddled on the club as debt, there is only need for 1 financial rule "a club can spent whatever they want but anything over X% of income then it's the owners money and not onto the club as debt"

If the price was around £200mill with no stadium, they'd have been owners by Christmas IMO.

And as we know the "rules" they've got in place for anything aren't to protect clubs they're there to protect the interests of the league.

They didn't let PIF takeover Newcastle purely down to illegal streaming of games in the gulf and proving they weren't "a state". £60k brown envelope for the PM at the time and boom, they're owners.
777 don’t have the money to buy us .
They couldn’t have passed the most cursory of checks.
They blatantly hoped to bs their way into ownership as they have done elsewhere .
Whatever you think of the PL , they are 100% correct in withholding approval from this group.
Everything they have loaned us is borrowed from a third party.
Whatever you think the purpose of the rules on this occasion they are protecting us from very poor owners .

I agree.. the owners of newcastle should be allowed to lash as much money as they want into the club without having to find ways around P&S that involves temporarily inflating the value of the club into the hundreds of trillions. If they want to spend 10 billion on players this summer they should be allowed to as long as it's not saddled on the club as debt, there is only need for 1 financial rule "a club can spent whatever they want but anything over X% of income then it's the owners money and not onto the club as debt"
Putting capital into the club doesn’t affect the calculation.

777 don’t have the money to buy us .
They couldn’t have passed the most cursory of checks.
They blatantly hoped to bs their way into ownership as they have done elsewhere .
Whatever you think of the PL , they are 100% correct in withholding approval from this group.
Everything they have loaned us is borrowed from a third party.
Whatever you think the purpose of the rules on this occasion they are protecting us from very poor owners .

Chelsea was bought on a billion of borrowed money. It's the access to it and terms behind it.

The other clubs 777 own were nowhere near the level of finances involved compared to us. My point is that if the deal was at the level of their other clubs or even Bournemouth (a recent PL takeover), it would've sailed through even with their current business practice IMO due to the PL viewing it as less risk.

It the PL REALLY, REALLY thought 777 weren't fit for purpose and were looking after Everton FC they'd reject them. But they haven't because that's bad business practice for the PL, so what they have done is give 777 rope to hang themselves with ie a chance to pull out of the deal.

Let's get it straight...if 777 find the money and tick the PL boxes...they take over. Who you going to blame then?

Chelsea was bought on a billion of borrowed money. It's the access to it and terms behind it.

The other clubs 777 own were nowhere near the level of finances involved compared to us. My point is that if the deal was at the level of their other clubs or even Bournemouth (a recent PL takeover), it would've sailed through even with their current business practice IMO due to the PL viewing it as less risk.

It the PL REALLY, REALLY thought 777 weren't fit for purpose and were looking after Everton FC they'd reject them. But they haven't because that's bad business practice for the PL, so what they have done is give 777 rope to hang themselves with ie a chance to pull out of the deal.

Let's get it straight...if 777 find the money and tick the PL boxes...they take over. Who you going to blame then?

Why would they suddenly find the money at this stage? lol clearly they do not and have never had the money to buy us. I’ve never for one single second thought these chancers were gonna actually take over.

PSR is there to protect the teams in red. A proper solution would be to have salary caps. That way the likes of Newcastle can spend as much as you like on players but the salery cap stops them from hoovering up the whole lot.

Totally agree, the bottom line should be that creditors/wages are paid (on time) and the club is not saddled with unreasonable levels of debt. After that expenditure should be at the discretion of the club and its owners.

We've done it for years mate. its how we covered all our losses....up until now.

PSR is there to protect the teams in red. A proper solution would be to have salary caps. That way the likes of Newcastle can spend as much as you like on players but the salery cap stops them from hoovering up the whole lot.
There is nothing in theory that doesn't stop clubs having their own salary caps, say by age range so a first team player between the ages of 19-23 can only earn a certain amount, then age 24-27 can earn a certain amount, then 28-30 a certain amount and so on. Now i get that this would require some quite purposeful recruitment ala Brighton, but it is possible.