777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When people say its in 777 interests to make us successful and invest, think about the above suspicion on unsecured debt by Maguire, its very possible 777 are borrowing money at 20% and then lending it to us at a higher rate and that money comes out of the club - an arbitrary 25% of 100 mill is 25mill - thats how 777 will make money, there is no good will involved in this. Thats on top of the huge interest we are paying to R&M and MSP.

Club is being run on a credit card essentially with prob just the interest being paid.

Moshiri is some gangster.

The decision isn’t being delayed, it was 777’s delay in providing the information.
Perhaps they did not provide the information promptly indeed but that shouldn't delay the decision more than a few weeks at most, and definitely not by the end of the season.

The premier league have to do there due diligence.
They have to make sure any potential owners have not beheaded anybody recently ( unless nobody is looking) or are thinking of introducing the death penalty for homosexuality
Due diligence shouldn't take the time is taken...if they are waiting for some investigation in 777 in other countries to conclude, this is not due diligence but sheer incompetence and the total the lack of trust in their own process.i don't care if its a yes or a no...what I care is an answer following their own criteria (if they have any as you correctly pointed out it seems to change from club to club)

When people say its in 777 interests to make us successful and invest, think about the above suspicion on unsecured debt by Maguire, its very possible 777 are borrowing money at 20% and then lending it to us at a higher rate and that money comes out of the club - an arbitrary 25% of 100 mill is 25mill - thats how 777 will make money, there is no good will involved in this. Thats on top of the huge interest we are paying to R&M and MSP.

Club is being run on a credit card essentially with prob just the interest being paid.

We need one loan agreement in one secure low interest rates to be paid so that the club can start to breath a bit. Hopefully 777 or any other prospective buyers will be able to accomplish this. Otherwise all those different lenders will drive the club into administration

Bahrain? Kuwait? If they can keep the lights on long enough for Big Sean to charge into European places, surely we should attract a wider group of less odious owners.
Bahrain puts is in a similar league to the horse punching head choppers I think?
Kuwait? They/we would defo be sanctioned for their role in the first gulf war, what with them letting Iraq invade and all that.

Bahrain puts is in a similar league to the horse punching head choppers I think?
Kuwait? They/we would defo be sanctioned for their role in the first gulf war, what with them letting Iraq invade and all that.

Does anyone truly care about morals in football though?

I dont see why we as a fanbase should be concerned as to where the money comes from when we're playing in a clearly corrupt league, due to be overseen by a corrupt government, with many of our PL rivals swilling in corrupt money.

If Bahrain pump money into the Mighty Blues and lead us to a trophy I dont really care what they get upto in their spare time. Not like Moshiri's money (or 777's) is any cleaner !

I'd say it is being run on multiple credit cards with each one paying off the other at the minimum payment as the cycle continues to go around and around.

I dont see why we as a fanbase should be concerned as to where the money comes from when we're playing in a clearly corrupt league, due to be overseen by a corrupt government, with many of our PL rivals swilling in corrupt money.

If Bahrain pump money into the Mighty Blues and lead us to a trophy I dont really care what they get upto in their spare time. Not like Moshiri's money (or 777's) is any cleaner !
You're right lid, it is awash with greed corruption and go knows what else. But I do care. I see, or used to see Everton as 'mine', something I had a lot in common with. Something to be proud about. Our club always seemed, in my biased younger eyes, better, free of cheats, a Corinthian spirit and so on. A positive thing on the footy field, albeit often amongst a sea of sh** off it.

Were we to be taken over by the head choppers, then to me, it's just another bit of the old Everton that's dead. Then I'd start to question what I'd actually have in common with the club? I'd still cheer when we won and be pi55ed off when we lose, but I'd rather the club, and it's support, fought for levelling up in football rather than just joining in with the sh**house six.

It's less about morals and more about universal human rights. The Qatar World Cup proved that to me. Some great games, and yet it felt like a very guilty pleasure indeed. Football - like all sport - is about glory. There is no glory in exploiting slave labour or chopping people up in Turkish embassies.

All that said, given the current levels of outright venality in the game - at FIFA and the Premier League - and the human rights abusers who run so many of today's "top clubs", then I find it harder to demand that Everton remain above the fray. It really shouldn't be too hard to find owners who are not kleptocratic autocrats, but then the club ownership model in England which allows owners to sell to new owners with next to no fan involvement makes my aspiration a pipe dream. This is the difference with Germany, where Bundesliga clubs really cannot be flogged to disreputable con men with anything like the same ease.

The high-handed, reprehensibly disproportionate singling out of Everton for a 10-point penalty has convinced me that there is no point dying on the moral high ground. Like Iran and North Korea chasing nuclear weapons to ensure they can never be invaded, we need to get ourselves owners of the same ilk. That's because the Premier League has refused to govern the game in the interests of all. In the current environment, moral purity means we have more in common with Tranmere than Liverpool, because right now I don't think we are all that closer to our red cousins than the Wirral boys in terms of status and ability to compete at the very top of the international game.

I think most decent human beings are concerned about morals. Those who aren't are just greedy animals or sociopaths. If my friends, family and acquaintances know I support a football club, it reflects on me. The more dodgy the club is, the more I distance myself from it.

Says the man constantly sniping at any and every yank cos they are all corrupt!!

OH the Irony!