6 + 2 Point Deductions

How are they cooperating by publicly slating the league and discrediting the process immediately after the punishment? I’ve yet to hear an actual explanation as to why the 2 points weren’t added back on after the fact, for all @JimmyK chat about how simple it is to understand he’s really doing a poor job of making it make sense.

There are two time periods to consider here. The time period before the ruling, and the time period after the ruling.

The two points credited backed to Forest was for the time period before the ruling. This was based on them being cooperative leading up to the ruling.

Once the ruling was made, Forest kicked off because they were unhappy with the outcome. They have a right to be unhappy with the ruling, we certainly were with ours. This does not make them uncooperative, this makes them unhappy. They have a right to appeal, as do/did we.

You can cooperate, and also be unhappy with the outcome. The two are not mutually exclusive, both can be true.

I think this is how most people see it.

I'm glad the appeal has been withdrawn. I was worried that we'd end up with more, not less.
I'd say that there was some kind of agreement behind the scenes, there was no way it would be heard and verdict delivered before the last ball had been kicked, PL wanted to avoid that mess and the negative publicity that would come with it. I'd imagine we won't hear anymore about the 6.5M interest payment that was put on the long finger by the commission.

Someone’s not going to be getting their £5000 / per hour (no - not dele)
IMG_7812.jpeg

Unless this appeal board could give a decision which would set a preferential precedent for us then there was no point really.

If we beat Sheff Utd it will be difficult for Brentford to catch us and we have no real chance of catching Palace.

Doesn’t sit right but probably the right decision.

Now we’re safe, if the appeal would cost more in fees than the prize money for finishing above Palace (and even then, we’d have to win both our games and hope they don’t win) then there’s no point in wasting our time and money.