6 + 2 Point Deductions

Listen to this ironically named bitter b*stard Gary Sweet, CEO of Luton town. What a club of whinging little tramps...

Wouldn't it be nice even if it's wishful thinking that other clubs would band together and try to put a stop to the obvious corruption and favouritism of the PL instead of trying to bury another club.

I suppose expecting solidarity between clubs and fan bases is daft, but it would have been a clear sign to the PL.

Wasn’t the issue that the clubs couldn’t agree to vote on the punishments for any infractions ?
That’s why it was left to the committee to formulate them in an ad hoc fashion.
Like I say , the PL was formed to serve the self interest of its founder members , no wonder it’s a myopic entity.
Abolish it entirely and start again, with something that acknowledges and accepts that the privilege of being on top of the pyramid does not negate the a responsibility to the welfare of the rest of footballing community.
PL was a bad idea poorly delivered.

That's why the government committee asked for the minutes and the PL refused.

"Forrest beat us with a striker they shouldn't have had, then in the build up to the goals this player who made a pass should also be stricken off the record, this sub and the coach driver should never have been allowed to join the club therefore we demand Forrest are deducted 30 points and we are given 30"

Luton should get good and stop trying to find the back door

How much will we need to make before 30 June then?

The latest verdict also sets out the totals of the PSR breaches attributed, at this stage to Everton. These are the underlying losses for each year, minus sums that can be deducted from the calculations - typically figures for issues like women’s and youth teams and infrastructure.

Everton lost, in PSR terms, £3.9m in 2021/22 and £62.7m in 2022/23. This means that when this financial year ends on June 30, Everton will need to ensure the club has lost no more than around £38m to avoid another breach.
The scary thing is that’s what we need to do if we win the interest dispute. If we have to add back on 20m plus of interest to the previous numbers AND can’t capitalise this season’s interest we need much more. It may even be close to impossible to comply.

It’s of absolutely massive importance that we win on the point or negotiate something with the league.

I absolutely hate them, horrible tinpot scruffs.
I have absolutely no idea why so much vitriol towards them.

Much of what he says makes sense and I think your anger is misplaced.

You should be shouting at the Board, Moshiri, Kenwright, the DOFS, the scouts.

Imagine we were in Luton's position (relegation places and making sure the Board is not overspending) and they were the ones that were overspending?

The scary thing is that’s what we need to do if we win the interest dispute. If we have to add back on 20m plus of interest to the previous numbers AND can’t capitalise this season’s interest we need much more. It may even be close to impossible to comply.

It’s of absolutely massive importance that we win on the point or negotiate something with the league.

What are the chances we have to add that back on though, since it’s been ok’ed by auditors?

Listen to this ironically named bitter b*stard Gary Sweet, CEO of Luton town. What a club of whinging little tramps...

I have a degree of sympathy with Luton trying to navigate the whole , how many points do they need situation what with panel and appeal and no apparent rhythm or reason to how it’s apparently adjudicated.

Now I’ve said the above having listened to that interview the sympathy rapidly disappears, what a pathetic whinge that is . The way things have panned out what with Leicester and their threats to sue and forest and their early collaboration & finger pointing I half expect Luton to be the next to fall .

...although it's not "for him to say how many points clubs get deducted".

The feller's all over the place. A clown for a clown shoes club.
He has conveniently forgotten that Luton were docked points for misconduct over illegal payments to external parties and for failing to reach a CVA as directed by HMRC because they were insolvent…a tad different to Everton and Forest.

He has also not realised that the PL rule book states that clubs entering administration will be sanctioned 9 points.
As a shareholder in the PL is he now advocating that those rules should be ignored by the PL when it comes to PSR.

Mr Magoo glasses to go with his clown shoes.

PS. Welcome back DaveK!!!