6 + 2 Point Deductions

I think what galls me here is this commission accept that mitigation of the Ukraine war on sponsorship... means we lost £20mill FY 23, if the last commissions has accpeted that we wouldn't have breached!!!

Easy now to say it was an exceptional loss which we had said all along, now we can't do anything about it!!

I thought it would be at least 4 and maybe higher so from that point of view 2 points is not so bad.

However, it is the complete lack of consistency with each step of the appeals process between ourselves and Forest that makes this unacceptable.

We are still two points ahead of Forest and Luton and for the first time in about seven months we have some certainty about what the bottom line is.
This must have affected the management and players, I don't see how it could not. My hope now is that this will bring renewed energy to the squad plus a return for Onana, Gueye and Danjuma.

I wonder what our appeal will be based on ? , we have already accepted we broke the PSR rules in 22/23 and in 2022. Can the points deduction in the original appeal be looked at again or is this appeal against the most recent deduction?

Regarding the Ukraine argument , Russia didn't invade until late February 2022 , I can't remember how quickly Usmanov was then distanced from the club but it probably was not for another couple of weeks.
The Ukraine situation did not have as big an impact in year ending 2022 than it did in 2023.

It will also be interesting to see if Forest win their argument about Brennan Johnson, if they do it should give us leeway in selling our players in the summer.
IMO the appeal will be based on the amount of mitigation accepted not translating into an appropriate number of points. 2 points back is the minimum justifiable for double jeopardy. And then they accepted most of our Russia & early plea arguments but only gave us one for those combined. So I think we could at least argue those should be 1 point each and have it reduced by 1 more. It’s worth a go.

luton fans right now: -

icegif-666.gif

A successful appeal will still end up with a 1 point deduction most likely given the report states Everton suggested that should be the maximum penalty if their argument for none wasn't successful.

Still, it’s nuts that Moshiri spent over £90m on players in the 22-23 season and £7m in sacking Lampard. Doesn’t exactly help out case. Who did we buy with all that???

We need players to compete though, and therefore be “sustainable.”

For example look at our midfield (if we stay up) : Gomes and Onana will leave. That leaves us Garner, Doucoure and an ancient Gueye as the only out and out centre mids at the club, except kids. We will HAVE to bring players in.