6 + 2 Point Deductions

4 points back would not be fully satisfying, but better than nothing. If 6 is the final result with a 2nd punishment avoided, then we can say alright, Reading and Cardiff being over a similar amount and got 6 points as well, but should be judged differently with the Ukraine thing etc. as it was other circumstances.

I think Forest's overspend was 120 mil compared to Everton's 19.5, so based on the precedent of Everton's charge, the maximum 12 points likely for Forest.
It was a 6 point automatic docking and then 1 point for each £5m overspend up to a maximum of 12 points
They aren’t rules that exist in the PL. They are the EFL rules which were dismissed by the IC. There is no maximum amount.

The only thing I could think of, is that the appeals panel accept some form of mitigation we put forward. And that mitigation then means we become compliant for period 2.

But to get to that decision it would take time, and it would surely be for the PL to determine that, not the appeal panel.

I'm not saying it's impossible we get to that situation at some point down the line, but it doesn't feel likely to happen right now. This is an appeal into the 10 point penalty for charge 1.
Perhaps why it took so long also

They were dismissed, but they followed the same calculation to a tee with Everton, which is corrupt in its own right
You think they did because it got to the same amount. Doesn’t mean they actually did.

And that’s what Silk will have gone in contesting as there was no explanation as to how they got to that amount.

But there is no maximum of 12 points.

The only thing I could think of, is that the appeals panel accept some form of mitigation we put forward. And that mitigation then means we become compliant for period 2.

But to get to that decision it would take time, and it would surely be for the PL to determine that, not the appeal panel.

I'm not saying it's impossible we get to that situation at some point down the line, but it doesn't feel likely to happen right now. This is an appeal into the 10 point penalty for charge 1.
Bear in mind it's possible the verdict has been communicated but both parties have agreed to delay announcement pending discussions on the second charge. It's in everyone's interest to get the 2nd charge settled somehow.

So the 2nd charge going away would not be a decision of the appeal board but something agreed as a result of that decision (like you say, the first decision possibly puts us under on the second).

So it's possible he's right but like 99% of these rumours it's probable he's wrong.

Anyone would think the Premier league are dragging out the announcement just to be more difficult than they already have been!!!
They don’t do themselves any favours do they?!🤬