6 + 2 Point Deductions

Oh yeah, lots of morons. Really don’t understand why people are seemingly accepting the 10 points just because we have won a few games for once. As while I hope it continues, we could lose the next 7.
Is more i dont think they will give us them back maybe get 6/9 taken off, but not a chance we get all 10.

Screenshot_20231218-220005_Chrome.jpg

Has there been any actual outcome from the clubs that had 4 weeks to do whatever it was against us - which should have ended last friday. There has been the odd little bit, but i think that was more guess work saying they are not taking any legal action, but still wanted compensation or something

It's a tough one because I can fully see them changing the rules to suit their favourite teams that means even if teams broke many more even more important rules and gained huge amounts of sporting advantage, they'll still get a lesser punishment than we did.

If I was confident that they wouldn't change the rules, I'd happily see us withdraw the appeal and have our case and outcome be the precedent by which all other cases are handled. Yes - incredibly harsh for us, but also going forward for every single team and the likes of City and Chelsea 100% kicked off of the league. And 5 and 10 point deductions becoming the norm for several teams every season.

But there's no chance of that.

I just hope they don't add anything like a transfer ban onto us and give us back a few points that essentially count for nothing, as all is this year's hard work will be completely undone and we would be relegated next year if we lost Harrison and cannot add to the squad. It will have ended up some kind of 5-fold punishment that ran from 2021 to 2024.

Make no mistake, the Premier League will be looking at all of the above and deciding how it leaves them with regards to punishing City and Chelsea, which is absolutely not what they ought to be doing when this case is solely about Everton.

Corrupt to the core.
I disagree, a ten point deduction for us would have a hugely disproportional affect than say 30 points deducted to City. They could easily soak up the financial hit from fewer place bonuses and would still comfortably stay up. We will still be on the brink of collapse with all the knock ons to us. Give us all our points back you cheating biffs

At most, 1 team would be within their rights to kick off. I

Doing my head in this stuff.

Why would they have the right to kick off? If they want to stay up at our expense, they can do it by picking up more points than us on the pitch. If they don't. what exactly have they got to complain about?

Where exactly does it end? If we stay up by 11 points are they entitled to complain that we only got 10?

This type of thinking needs to get in the bin. They will have no grounds for complaint.

Doing my head in this stuff.

Why would they have the right to kick off? If they want to stay up at our expense, they can do it by picking up more points than us on the pitch. If they don't. what exactly have they got to complain about?

Where exactly does it end? If we stay up by 11 points are they entitled to complain that we only got 10?

This type of thinking needs to get in the bin. They will have no grounds for complaint.
It’s more about how it may affect their game plan etc. at this point we have been deducted 10 points. If they thought they just need to hold a draw to get Europe and then the PL decided to give us points back which affected that, they would feel aggrieved. (Not with us, but with the PL).

Thats very much a hypothetical scenario as it should be done well before end of season etc, but other clubs could feel aggrieved that their targets etc are affected several times within the season because it’s been managed pathetically by the PL.

It's obvious that we've been galvanized by the 10-point deduction.

Don't think you're being serious here, but if any other club did try to argue this, then the counter arguments would be quite simple:

-The points deduction put Everton in the drop zone, and briefly bottom. Surely this was a bit of a morale boost for teams at the bottom? I mean, one team got moved out of the drop zone and their prospects of staying up looked much rosier than they did before.

- Maybe we have been galvanized. Is the prospect of playing in the Championship next season not enough to galvanize the other teams down the bottom? Are they somehow not giving it their all? Or are they just not good enough? Either way, they need to keep their own house in order. it's not our problem.

Last edited:
It’s more about how it may affect their game plan etc. at this point we have been deducted 10 points. If they thought they just need to hold a draw to get Europe and then the PL decided to give us points back which affected that, they would feel aggrieved. (Not with us, but with the PL).

Thats very much a hypothetical scenario as it should be done well before end of season etc, but other clubs could feel aggrieved that their targets etc are affected several times within the season because it’s been managed pathetically by the PL.

Yeah, still not having it. They have the same opportunities to gather points as every other club. Every single one of them knows we might get some points back. It changes nothing. Their prerogative is getting as many points as they can.