6 + 2 Point Deductions

Can we borrow your pink corrupt cards please ? @wolves 😡
Nobody will care and will be forgotten very quickly as it didn’t impact one of the media darling clubs. I doubt they will be discussing this on this morning or loose woman or have a news flash like the Liverpool one. And we’re in the same boat, we’ve had horrendous decisions over the last 3/4yrs, but very quickly forgotten about.

I wish everyone had just let it happen.

Madrid would be playing Bayern 4 times a season, there’d be no jeopardy anywhere in the table as there’d be no relegation and they would have invalidated all their previous CL wins. It would have been beyond boring. The remaining PL teams would have served up the most exciting competition in the world that everyone would have watched.

All it did was delay the inevitable, and now these teams have had a chance to reformat the whole thing to give them exactly what they want, integration into existing competitions, permanent membership but a few wild card entries to keep fans happy, and they’ll no doubt find a way to keep all their historical legacy intact.
No club has yet suggested, nor will they suggest, leaving the Premier League. The only way they'll leave is if they're thrown out. They want to play their reserves in the Premier League and their first team in the Super League so they can collect the money from both. Even if they leave, they will get a 30 point deduction which would probably not relegate them

No club has yet suggested, nor will they suggest, leaving the Premier League. The only way they'll leave is if they're thrown out. They want to play their reserves in the Premier League and their first team in the Super League so they can collect the money from both. Even if they leave, they will get a 30 point deduction which would probably not relegate them
I think they wound get thrown out or the other 13/14 vote against them.
If they can’t qualify for the champions league or Europe then they only have the title to play for and yes a city 2nd 11 could win the league.

But once the 6 have nothing to play for they will play thier kids. And it will turn the whole league into a farce

I think they wound get thrown out or the other 13/14 vote against them.
If they can’t qualify for the champions league or Europe then they only have the title to play for and yes a city 2nd 11 could win the league.

But once the 6 have nothing to play for they will play thier kids. And it will turn the whole league into a farce
They don't need to qualify for the Super League so only 1 can win the league and the rest won't care. They've already put the 30 point deduction in the rules so that would be the punishment for discussing leaving, which is what they should have been given last time instead of a suggested donation to charity.

You would hope think that would happen but would it?

Without the money generated from the vast TV deal currently in place most clubs that would then ply their trade in any residue league would see a significant drop off in income and as you look downward to grass roots then almost certainly the full time structure which is Championship, EFL1 , EFL 2 and maybe even the NL would without the money that currently finds it way down through the leagues would almost certainly dry up. Even at EFL 2 level you are talking about a £1 million per club per season

Without the constraints that currently forbid televised live PL games being played in the UK any ESL would almost certainly have all games televised kick offs likely to be set to see at least game each night throught the season with perhaps three or four games on both Saturday and Sunday. That would impact in several ways not least being the go to product football wise in the World

Any TV deal that could be negotiated at best would be single figure digit% of the current deals.

Major players in advertising will want to gain the exposure of the Worldwide Audience. The sort of money that kit manufacturers pay will still very much targeted toward any ESL.

So would a ESL bring fairer competition ? For me you have to look no further than Scotland to get a hint.I saw something the other day that playing Celtic and Rangers at home can generate up to 40% of some Scottish clubs total annual match day revenue and yet some in Scotland want their two biggest clubs to move away to another league on the basis it would “ Create fairer competition “ .It certainly wouldn’t if clubs were unable enough cash to compete or come to that compete at all!

I have said on several occasions that the ESL was ill conceived but the concept hasn’t gone away it’s more treading water and that is a pity because the new CL format is the first stages of its formation and it could all be so easily avoided
There is no doubt there is a massive schism coming but I believe the English leagues are resilient and can recover not necessarily to the same financial level but it will drive a reset in player and club costs and,hopefully, give all fans a chance to dream again.
The way media is changing there is no guarantee that the current Sky model is the right one for the future albeit the financial numbers are presently staggering.
If the ESL does happen then it won’t be long before those clubs are fighting like rats in a sack over money…good luck to Spurs and Arsenal(and maybe Chelsea)when they are sidelined by a new sly six comprising Real Madrid,Barcelona,Bayern,Liverpool,Man U and City.
I am always amazed by the AFC Wimbledon story and how they resurrected themselves…that’s the football story that resonates with me with club,community and supporters all together.

from now on we simply must start competing in games. Man United I understand but there will be no excuses at Forest. We simply have to start getting these points back. Garner, Harrison and McNeil need a long look at themselves after Sunday. Truly abysmal performances from all three.

I would be tempted to go 4-4-2 against Forest, long ball, Dom and Beto. We have to start from now!! No excuses!

Honestly I wouldn't care about the lowering in standards that will inevitably come. The super league has limited teams and even they can only have so many players, before thd players themselves get bored with being on thd bench or in the reserves and start trickling back.

We managed fine in the old First Division, Football was so much more enjoyable then, a much more level playing field. Feel a bit sorry for modern fans outside the top six, supporting their players through the ranks, until spotted by a big six genius manager.. Football is dying a death for the majority of teams, the underdog has all but disappeared.

Teams outside the top six or top five have always picked other clubs best players off thats not something that is unique to the PL.
In the day I can remember player after player came off the production line at Burnley but of the teams in old Div 1 that won the league had transferred in the vast bulk of their squad/ team.
Indeed , and I am not saying there is anything wrong in it ( it’s how we have won most of our trophies in the PL era ) in Evertons last league winning squad I believe there were only two home grown players who started in any of the 42 games namely Gary Steven’s and Kevin Ratcliffe
There is no doubt there is a massive schism coming but I believe the English leagues are resilient and can recover not necessarily to the same financial level but it will drive a reset in player and club costs and,hopefully, give all fans a chance to dream again.
The way media is changing there is no guarantee that the current Sky model is the right one for the future albeit the financial numbers are presently staggering.
If the ESL does happen then it won’t be long before those clubs are fighting like rats in a sack over money…good luck to Spurs and Arsenal(and maybe Chelsea)when they are sidelined by a new sly six comprising Real Madrid,Barcelona,Bayern,Liverpool,Man U and City.
I am always amazed by the AFC Wimbledon story and how they resurrected themselves…that’s the football story that resonates with me with club,community and supporters all together.
I think Rats fighting in the sack is exactly where we are in the PL.

The reality is that Barca and Real in particular are two very big fish who want out and it’s from there all the charter of anESLbegan.

I admire your optimism re the resistance of the English Leagues there may well be survival of many in say the midland/ north and maybe even in London and surrounding areas but outside those geographical areas many clubs would simply go under because the costs involved in travel and attract players wwould be way outside their potential budgets.

AFC Wimbledon is a story that is heart warming story they were particularly luck that Kingstonian went under and I felt sorry for them when we bought Kingsmeadow from AFC particularly as it made the Ks homeless

from now on we simply must start competing in games. Man United I understand but there will be no excuses at Forest. We simply have to start getting these points back. Garner, Harrison and McNeil need a long look at themselves after Sunday. Truly abysmal performances from all three.

I would be tempted to go 4-4-2 against Forest, long ball, Dom and Beto. We have to start from now!! No excuses!
The system has been working why would you suddenly change it. Our position in the table is false right now, we should be relaxed, don't forget.

Teams outside the top six or top five have always picked other clubs best players off thats not something that is unique to the PL.
In the day I can remember player after player came off the production line at Burnley but of the teams in old Div 1 that won the league had transferred in the vast bulk of their squad/ team.
Indeed , and I am not saying there is anything wrong in it ( it’s how we have won most of our trophies in the PL era ) in Evertons last league winning squad I believe there were only two home grown players who started in any of the 42 games namely Gary Steven’s and Kevin Ratcliffe

I think Rats fighting in the sack is exactly where we are in the PL.

The reality is that Barca and Real in particular are two very big fish who want out and it’s from there all the charter of anESLbegan.

I admire your optimism re the resistance of the English Leagues there may well be survival of many in say the midland/ north and maybe even in London and surrounding areas but outside those geographical areas many clubs would simply go under because the costs involved in travel and attract players wwould be way outside their potential budgets.

AFC Wimbledon is a story that is heart warming story they were particularly luck that Kingstonian went under and I felt sorry for them when we bought Kingsmeadow from AFC particularly as it made the Ks homeless
As we all know it’s the hope that kills ya!

I prefer to be optimistic albeit with an element of pragmatism but a re-set is long overdue and I think the opportunity is fast approaching.

There needs to be a reduction in pro clubs and probably a re-introduction of 3rd Division North and South but the PL and the eventual ESL are pricing ordinary supporters out of the game and that will come back to bite them if they place all their bets on growing international support.

I think we underestimate how embedded some of our football traditions and culture is in various supporter bases and local and national rivalries built up over tens and even a hundred years…can Chelsea vs Ajax on repeat replace that in supporters emotions?

I’ve got to go now as the nurse has brought me my medication…

I think wolves were sailing close to the wind on loses over 3 years this year. Maybe someone should check them over cus they are getting done over big time. Last thing the the league want is teams struggling to stay within it, doesn't look good.
Hand over the problem to the EFL you think? Wouldn’t shock me in the least, it’s a joke some of the game changing decisions they are getting against them.