6 + 2 Point Deductions

Flying a plane over another ground during another game completely defeats the object for me. Sack the plane off and just put a grand behind the bar at the Winslow and get everyone hammered. Just for a laugh more than anything.

The Banners aren’t great are they. Oh well, it won’t make any difference anyway, we needed the club to come out both guns like the RS did when they had one single VAR decision go against them. We still haven’t even heard a word from the club’s manager.

This undermines any legal action against Everton from relegated clubs. If the Premier League itself says it can’t quantify a sporting advantage, the commission doesn’t dispute that, and our punishment takes that in to account, I don’t see how any legal action based on ‘sporting advantage’ could be successful.
TBH it seems like the PL are a law unto themselves. Logic doesn't apply. They could make us play hopping on one leg or face a 23.5 point deduction. That's the power they seem to have until the Tory government sees fit to appoint an IR.

Btw that won't happen until the horse has bolted and we're out of business after the PL slaps a 200m compo bill for Burnley/Leicester despite it undermining the first ruling that stated no sporting advantage.

Well they already did that. The number is 10.
They pulled '10' out of their arses. It related to no onfield advantage they could quantify. You can be sure they know that was the weak point of their conclusions and they won't be doubling down on that in a hurry.

Ergo they cant quantify any compensation claim. What would they base it on for each club, who'll have different complaints on how they were hampered?

It's like weaving yogurt, it cant be done.

This undermines any legal action against Everton from relegated clubs. If the Premier League itself says it can’t quantify a sporting advantage, the commission doesn’t dispute that, and our punishment takes that in to account, I don’t see how any legal action based on ‘sporting advantage’ could be successful.
Absolutely how I feel about it. You've put that into much better words than I could.

They pulled '10' out of their arses. It related to no onfield advantage they could quantify. You can be sure they know that was the weak point of their conclusions and they won't be doubling down on that in a hurry.

Ergo they cant quantify any compensation claim. What would they base it on for each club, who'll have different complaints on how they were hampered?

It's like weaving yogurt, it cant be done.

I'm just furthering your point. The report was 40 pages of explanations, and then a paragraph that essentially said "10!" with no reasoning. Why not 3? 33? 333? Why don't we get points credited for playing Michael Keane? I'm pretty sure we could quantify that one.

If anything I think this has back fired against the Premier League. Within days of the ‘independent’ commission finding us guilt and deducting points there are now articles relating to Newcastles takeover, Defoe transfer to Spurs, and I’m sure amongst others to follow.

What this has essentially done is open up a trap door that I have no doubt will lead to the resignation of Masters and outside governance of the Premier League. Everton will probably have this overturned to a suspended points deduction if our accounts over the next few years breach P&S again, I think this will be overturned simply due to the fact the punishment wasn’t written in any guidelines prior to Everton being cautioned.

Once this happens I fully expect the claims of the other clubs to be dropped as there will then be no case to answer for but they have opened a massive can of worms here. I fully expect to see future problems with;

Manchester City
Manchester United
Nottingham Forest
Aston Villa
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Chelsea
And more.

If this continues then there are going to be legal cases off every single club in the league because if say City go through the same process as us and they won the league then every single club below them will sue. It’s going to be interesting. The premier league should have got involved with this and said, Everton have broken the rules however they have been co-operative and there are mitigating circumstances and what we consider a slight overspend does not warrant anymore than a fine or suspended points deduction. The fact there is no written rule for this breach means we cannot enforce anything other than this.

It will be very interesting to see how these events unfold over the coming weeks.

Yep, thought this poster had a good explainer of what panel wrote and its implications.

Also the precedent it would set for other clubs to sue for any other infractions in the future (Chelsea/City/Spurs all seem to be in hot water) would be complete chaos.

For instance if Spurs are guilty of dodgy stuff with Defoe and are docked points then can Burnley sue them for the cup result “Defoe also scored his team's second goal in the League Cup semi-final second leg loss at Burnley, which helped Spurs book a place in the final with a 6–4 aggregate win.[59]

Yes, absolutely spot on with both points.

There's a paradox at the heart of the PL decision but it's not resolved by any club suing Everton attempting to crystallise exactly how they were disadvantage.

I've said all along that if this case could be heard by a bona fide independent tribunal or court our troubles would fall away VERY quickly.

Well I want an FA cup and then a euro spot for it as well to be honest. I also want extra money for every year Chelsea beat us and made up lose positions in the league, same for city when that happens.

I don't really understand the justification for whacking us with 10 points if the effect of the supposed advantage cannot be determined. If it cannot be determined, the sporting advantage may have been minimal therefore it isnt fair or proportionate to whack us with 10 points, just in case it was a bigger advantage.