6 + 2 Point Deductions

They just want to ensure the same old same old. First of all, it's not the Champions League any more, because only a small percentage are actually champions. Second, they just want 'big' games late on. Its set up to bring in fodder to increase the earning potential for set clubs. They intentionally reduce the chances of a shock winner by organising it as they do.

They should run it like the FA Cup. All balls in, you get who you get.

If that generated more cash, they would. It wouldnt though, so they wont.

That said, I may be wrong. By and large the CL is boring anyrate.

I was saying yesterday, the CL draw is absolutely pathetic. Basically it does its utmost to ensure top teams can't face each other until as late as possible and the reasons are absolutely farcical.

Just stick them all in a pot from the start if they get drawn in the group of death from the start then tough.

It's been that way for years.

Teams can win their league and still have to qualify 🤷‍♂️

If that generated more cash, they would. It wouldnt though, so they wont.

That said, I may be wrong. By and large the CL is boring anyrate.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe revenue generated would change drastically whatever format they chose.

It's not about that, as far as I'm concerned, it's about ensuring which clubs end up with the biggest slice of the pie,

The dream final for the bosses at the CL is Man utd v Real Madrid. Everything would be geared up for that to happen. Maybe now swapped for Bayern/Madrid now Utd have dropped off.
I agree it's boring as hell and would like to see seedings done away with, much like the Internationals World/Europeans, a snooze fest in the group stages and seldom a game worth watching. I'd bet TV viewing figures would be bigger in the group stages if seeding was scrapped.

Let's be honest they'd have absolutely nothing to talk about other than the same old rubbish if we weren't in the league.

We've certainly been up there in terms of column inches the past 3 seasons...whether it be our Managerial Merry go round,Near miss Relegations,Points Deductions,Headlockgate an Takeovers...we're the only team who actually spices the league in all honesty.

The dream final for the bosses at the CL is Man utd v Real Madrid. Everything would be geared up for that to happen. Maybe now swapped for Bayern/Madrid now Utd have dropped off.
I agree it's boring as hell and would like to see seedings done away with, much like the Internationals World/Europeans, a snooze fest in the group stages and seldom a game worth watching. I'd bet TV viewing figures would be bigger in the group stages if seeding was scrapped.
Just like the Sky was hamming up Lipuwl and United and ultimately put the footballing world to bed early on Sunday.

Pathetic really.