6 + 2 Point Deductions

Oh right, then lets close down the forum.

Cos nobody knows anything.

I always assumed a forum was a place in which people expressed views.

But I guess we can only talk about things we KNOW.

Be right back, just deleting my entire 15 year posting history, the concept of a forum has all been a lie.
Thanks for agreeing, all the best.

I think its a total fallacy that they have it in for us.

We broke the rules, we got punished, people acting like they made it all up is a bit weird.

That doesnt mean the punishment was excessive, but that was solely for political reasons.

Do you think the Premier League was sitting there thinking "I wonder how we can punish Everton"?

Sure, they probably needed a Goat to sacrifice, we gave them 1.

You're sneering at the idea the Premier League 'have it in for us' but in the same breath, say the punishment was excessive but hey, it was solely political.

Semantics, but its the exact same thing. They've punished to an agenda.

Prior the outcome/confirmation of the point deduction, I said repeatedly that they'd make an example out of us - example below - so yes, I've no doubt they were sitting there thinking how to punish Everton for their own agenda. Worse still, they proactively briefed the media during the review of the punishment they were demanding.

The timing of this makes me nervous. The Premier League desperate to show they can be trusted to regulate.

If I understand correctly, come Man City/Chelsea, it'll be a different government backed regulator who will likely take a 'don't punish the fans' approach - massive fines then, back into grassroots.

I'm sure some will come along and look to correct me, but it feels very Oumar Niasse "successful deception of a match official" to me.

It would be typical for nice guys/whipping boys Everton to be the first mugs to be made an example of to take the punishment, before the punishment framework/regulator changes.

If there's a point deduction, the club should take it screaming and shouting and drag the Premier League through the mud as much as possible with finger pointing and whataboutery.

You're sneering at the idea the Premier League 'have it in for us' but in the same breath, say the punishment was excessive but hey, it was solely political.

Prior the outcome/confirmation of the point deduction, I said repeatedly that they'd make an example out of us - example below - so yes, I've no doubt they were sitting there thinking how to punish Everton for their own agenda. Worse still, they proactively briefed the media during the review of the punishment they were demanding.
Absolutely agree.

What is more concerning and in the media it’s likely driven by “editorial responsibilities” set my the PL/Sky where we constantly hear this same line regurgitated… “I think it’s harsh” garbage you’ve been hearing daily for over a month.

Goal disallowed for the ball brushing your hand on the way in is harsh, but £20m over the course of three years is a complete farce.

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion and if they want to bend over and accept the medicine handed out by a kangaroo court for a penalty based on a dubious set of rules set up to protect the status quo (who incidentally are still trying to set up the super league by stealth) then that’s their prerogative however where does this end?

The club has been an easy target on and off the pitch to set a precedent time and time again and until we grow a backbone as a club (including us as fans) then it will continue with our club being hammered to protect the vested interests of the sly six and the brand.

I think the idea that The Premier League have some mythical axe to grind with Everton is quite laughable.

We are a useful idiot.

If people want to believe that they have it in for us, thats up to them really, I am not here to convince them otherwise.

did Everton do wrong? Yes
Shoukd Everton lose any points? No

Why you ask

A scab 6 attempted to completely destroy 150 years of English football And what did they get? A 3 million fine. That’s is far far far worse then I’d Everton broke the bull hockey P&S by a billion quid,

Dont ever say you want less than 10 points back EVER.
We deserve our points back END OF

I think the idea that The Premier League have some mythical axe to grind with Everton is quite laughable.

We are a useful idiot.

If people want to believe that they have it in for us, thats up to them really, I am not here to convince them otherwise.

So you say they punished excessively because of political reasons.

But buzz off the idea they had an axe to grind?

Baffling.