6 + 2 Point Deductions

This is why I get a bit annoyed at the way we lambast ourselves over wages ratios.

Yes ours is far too high and unsustainable, no question. But it is because we (rightly or wrongly) had an ambition to compete with the 6, not the 14, and to do so you need to pay the cost of 'better' players. When it doesn't work it takes years to fix due to contracts, and boy did it not work.

90% is ridiculous, but where spurs are quoted as 45% their actual number is still higher (I imagine), and it definitely is for the others. You can't genuinely compete and sustain without paying what these players cost, but you can't go on paying this unless we got a share of the much higher tv money, commercial etc. that the 6 get.

Try to compete = almost certainly fail and hamstrung for years by psr, don't try to compete = become a 8 - 12 dweller with a nice headpat for 'doing it the right way'.

What's the point.
Regarding the TV money, Financial Fair Play would be to invert the award so that the teams at the top had smallest share and the teams at the bottom had highest share to help them compete.

Regarding the TV money, Financial Fair Play would be to invert the award so that the teams at the top had smallest share and the teams at the bottom had highest share to help them compete.
3 games to go, a team like Wolves would just play all the kids, give them experience, while also not minding if they finish 15th instead of 9th. Set them up nicely for the following season with a bigger budget. Hard to make it equitable.

Some some sort of squashing of the gap between top and bottom teams could work. F1 teams get more wind tunnel time for the following season the lower they finish. The issue is making the upside down reward big enough to make a difference, but small enough to not randomly damage any top teams that have EARNT their place at the top (rather than cheating/overspending), which muddies the rewards for sporting excellence.

or at the very least, everyone gets the same flat fee. People watch the PL because of the competition as a whole Sheffield United are playing their bit too every bit as much as the others and their games count for 3 points also

3 games to go, a team like Wolves would just play all the kids, give them experience, while also not minding if they finish 15th instead of 9th. Set them up nicely for the following season with a bigger budget. Hard to make it equitable.

Some some sort of squashing of the gap between top and bottom teams could work. F1 teams get more wind tunnel time for the following season the lower they finish. The issue is making the upside down reward big enough to make a difference, but small enough to not randomly damage any top teams that have EARNT their place at the top (rather than cheating/overspending), which muddies the rewards for sporting exexcellence.
We definitely need more wind tunnel time before the season starts.

A first win in months today only to get them stripped back off us next week would be classic Everton.
We all know its bound to happen, but i would rather it happen knowing a win v Burnley has still kept us above the bottom 3 with deduction, then everything go wrong today, and the deduction put us in bottom 3 - said 2/3 deducted all along for no reason and sticking to it.hopefully its less, which i doubt.

Some interesting quotes from Dyche here on the previous mismanagement. Closest I've seen to someone at the club properly calling it out.

The fact that the Club have not taken legal proceedings for dereliction of fiduciary duties on the part of DBB tells me one thing - Kenwright and Moshiri were both deeply involved in business practices that would cause a huge amount of interest if they were delved into. DBB gets wedged and refuses to speak at both hearings when she was the CEO at the time of the overspends - how is that possible? A half-decent journalist would be rummaging around in DBB's performance during her tenure.
During Moshiri's ownership the Club became rotten to the core ably assisted by the Clingon chairman. Disgraceful.

The fact that the Club have not taken legal proceedings for dereliction of fiduciary duties on the part of DBB tells me one thing - Kenwright and Moshiri were both deeply involved in business practices that would cause a huge amount of interest if they were delved into. DBB gets wedged and refuses to speak at both hearings when she was the CEO at the time of the overspends - how is that possible? A half-decent journalist would be rummaging around in DBB's performance during her tenure.
During Moshiri's ownership the Club became rotten to the core ably assisted by the Clingon chairman. Disgraceful.
I had my own business after leaving a local authority role. I was a director of my business.
It was the hardest ive ever worked. Full on 24/7.
The premise was that i was the last to get paid.

Other companies had,what is known as, Golf course directors. Wallowing in the title, draining the business, devoid of leadership, head in sand, never responsible ,doing the least ossible for the actual company. Always first for the freebies, race days, awards , new phones etc

Better than losing and having the points stripped off our current total.

Very true and I have a feeling you will see that in the stands and on the pitch today. We are going into these games with so much added pressure.

It's just completely farcical. A win is rare at the moment, It will be big moment in the season if we win today and other results are kind to us but we wouldn't really be able to celebrate (for a lack of better words) for a second because we are waiting on another potential deduction.