6 + 2 Point Deductions

We can't move into the new stadium quick enough.

I don't know if anyone has any figures, but I'm sure our income per matchday will skyrocket compared to what we currently get from Goodison.

I don't know if I've made this up, but I'm sure I read/heard somewhere that since Arsenal moved into the Emirates, their match day income is around 5x what ours is.
They have - incredibly - decided to defer moving in until Aug 2025 even though the stadium is due for completion Dec 2024.

1. Get through this season with our PL status intact, free of any further financial investigations.
  2. Withdraw from the Premier League on the day before the new season starts, throwing them in to disarray.
  3. Announce the 'British Super League' (which we've been cooking up in secret over the Summer) which is made up of us + the best Scottish and Welsh sides, with an open invitation to all English clubs apart from the permanently-blackballed Sly 6.
  4. Profit.

1000004207.jpg

Goody gum drops

They have - incredibly - decided to defer moving in until Aug 2025 even though the stadium is due for completion Dec 2024.

It's a head vs heart isn't it?

In an ideal world, I think we'd all prefer to have one last 'full' season at Goodison, rather than move half way through (myself included). This is probably the probably logic behind the decision.

But this isn't an ideal world and our finances are in the toilet... From a business point of view, we should be maximising our revenue streams ASAP.

Haven't we been through this before? Leeds and Southampton were going down anyway, Leicester broke the rules to come up but only got a fine rather than a points deduction, many of their fans said Brenda's stubbornness in changing the team was the problem. Burnley were dreadful in Dyche's final season and they changed it far too late and gave themselves no chance.

Haven't we been through this before? Leeds and Southampton were going down anyway, Leicester broke the rules to come up but only got a fine rather than a points deduction, many of their fans said Brenda's stubbornness in changing the team was the problem. Burnley were dreadful in Dyche's final season and they changed it far too late and gave themselves no chance.

Or they panicked and gambled by sacking him and it didn’t pay off

Anyways they were crap and went down

It's a head vs heart isn't it?

In an ideal world, I think we'd all prefer to have one last 'full' season at Goodison, rather than move half way through (myself included). This is probably the probably logic behind the decision.

But this isn't an ideal world and our finances are in the toilet... From a business point of view, we should be maximising our revenue streams ASAP.
I would assume that, from around November/December this year, they'll be hosting a handful of events at the stadium in the time leading up to the start of the 2025 season. Hopefully the club could at least generate a bit of money from those..

I would assume that, from around November/December this year, they'll be hosting a handful of events at the stadium in the time leading up to the start of the 2025 season. Hopefully the club could at least generate a bit of money from those..
Probably the first game to be the CL final with the rs as 'home' team. All the stadium painted red and it renamed as the Kloppdrome.

Blue Bill weeps happy tears from an angel's handlebars in the heavenly boys pen.

Oh I'm sure events/tours/dinners etc will start up as soon as possible. Although I can't imagine income from them would be anything like a match day? Even at Goodison?

I'm just guessing here... I'm not a finance man by any stretch.