6 + 2 Point Deductions

You'd hope not, but then the first did.

If the second accept any of the mitigation, then I figure we're in the clear and it's 10 back.

It clearly should never have been a points deduction - and certainly not had points deducted pending appeal. Points should only be done when it's final.
Exactly this. Only once all avenues of appeal are exhausted should the points be deducted.

Exactly this. Only once all avenues of appeal are exhausted should the points be deducted.

I think the club have probably made this point too.

Whole thing has been an absolute farce and the handling has contributed negatively to Everton's season and the Premier League are at fault for it.

"What I would suggest is that if you had said you are done 10 points - if that is the end of it then so be it, but when it is not the end of it then you go: ‘Well hang on a minute, why did you adjust it immediately if that is not the end of it?’”

He continued: “I’m not a lawyer, I don’t understand the intricacies of that situation but if this is an ongoing thing with other clubs I think you have got to work out how you can condense it and turn it around quicker. It affects everyone - everyone is sitting around waiting and wondering. And they do take those 10 points off immediately so you keep looking at that table and you keep getting asked about being in the bottom three, four, five. They don’t leave you up there, so how do we know how that affects the psychology?

if true, it'll surely mean forest get at least 6 for their 1st charge?

4 points back has been my thinking for a while, and has seen many now began to say that number over the weeks, so easy for him to say that. The 2nd charge i very much doubt gets dropped. its just how they view that charge in terms of what happens with the 1st one. Some seem to think that if we i will say half win the appeal, that it auto means the 2nd charge see's nothing happening

If the Forest overspend is as big as some seem to think, they should be hit harder their charge, than both of whatever we lose both charge's put together. They just none stop spent on players, we got done for other things.

but how is it for us?

We got one point deduction for every £5m we went over mate, so that was 4 pts. If we get those 4 pts back then surely the prem couldn't then turn round to Forest and say "we're going to charge you one point for every £5m you have gone over" Forest would be like "hang on, you have just given Everton their 4 pts back for every £5m they went over"

It just proves we're the scapegoat club that the League used to push back the government white paper for an independent regulator.

Rush in, biggest punishment possible - "look, see how we deal with this".

Then because they didn't think it through, they've been battered legally, brought in by the select committee, have some big names taking them to task...and thats nothing compared to what City or Chelsea could do.

They've shagged it and are now taking the longest time possible to reach a decision that is hopefully not full of holes.

The they've got under 2 months to deal with Forest and our 2nd turn in court.

We got one point deduction for every £5m we went over mate, so that was 4 pts. If we get those 4 pts back then surely the prem couldn't then turn round to Forest and say "we're going to charge you one point for every £5m you have gone over" Forest would be like "hang on, you have just given Everton their 4 pts back for every £5m they went over"
But we didn't. They didn't "officially" follow the PL formula at all so in their sanction there is no formal correlation between the amount we were over and the sanction they gave.

I don't want Forest getting points deducted, I don't want anyone getting points deducted. The rules need to be finalised, they can't just make it up as they go along, which is what they are doing.

No points deductions for anyone, it's BS.
and they are setting us up to squabble amongst ourselves at the bottom while at the top they are reinforcing their position hoovering up the cash and talent

Last edited: