6 + 2 Point Deductions

…..I really don’t see any adjustment to our penalty unless the PL announce a total re-booting of their FFP rules. It would be a massive admission of failure by the PL.

I’d be overwhelmingly surprised if our -10 doesn’t remain in place. My biggest concern is what happens with the 2nd charge.
It wouldn’t really be a massive admission of failure or be seen as one to reduce the sanction. A reduction in the sanction would be part of the normal ebb and flow of these things. The sanction on Wednesday was halved on appeal.

An adjustment to the sanction wouldn’t necessarily blast a hole in the PLs case or the ICs decision, it could just bring into line with existing known precedents like that case.

That's just simply not true, they have already based this on how the EFL handled their Sheffield Wednesday situation, it's safe to assume they can half it like they did with them. If the options genuinely are 10 or nothing then supersilk can have them in knots.

All or nothing is the only acceptable route for this. You can’t say it’s ok for us and forest to have the same penalty (6) as we don’t know how far over they are plus there’s no framework for a sanction in the first place.

It should be all points back and until they sort out this disaster P&S/FFP or whatever joke of a “rule” they are running then there should be no penalty at all.

I see another “football finance expert” is in the i today claiming we were £25m over and our sporting advantage was James and Carlo during that period. Wheeling any old misinformed idiot out in the press now to defend the indefensible.

People are arguing “but you admitted it”… did we? Or were we neive enough to be transparent with a joke shop of an organisation in panic mode desperate to get the government off its back?

I should hope that when it all comes out, silk has pushed for a completely clean slate, no points deduction, no fine, no transfer ban. Nothing but the best for Everton Football Club.

It’s long overdue we grew a backbone

This is my question too. Is there any way that we just get a reduction of points but then dont have to worry about the second charge.

In theory yes. It just depends if the mitigation taking into account is for the years not dropping off the psr calculations and whether that's enough to drop us under whatever limit we have exceeded.

This is my question too. Is there any way that we just get a reduction of points but then dont have to worry about the second charge.

Yes. The appeal could amend our PSR figure for 21/22 and that could pull down our figure for the three years to 22/23.

For example: if they accept a 10m reduction for 21/22 to compensate for the Player X situation that would pull down our overspend for the first charge to 9.5m. So we’d still be guilty but the sanction would likely reduce. BUT that 10m reduction also pulls through to the period of the second charge which if we are currently less than 10m over would then make the charge go away.