6 + 2 Point Deductions

If I was being cynical I would wager no-one in the PL was paying much attention to PSR calculations between 2013 and COVID in 2020.
Since then the world and the football market has gone a bit crazy plus the noise around ESL,City and Chelsea has added to the furore. In typical “Everton that” fashion we walked into the crossfire unthinkingly.

The difference is Spurs have £600m of revenue, Everton have £200m of revenue. They can afford much bigger repayments.

At the time of approval their revenue was around £300mill. It's £500+mill now.

But I'm talking in relation to in intake of loans, how they did it, and how taking on close to £1billon of debt didn't effect them in the way of P&S...and comparison to what we've done

Last edited:
Daniel Levy is the difference but those rates weren’t achieved during the build phase it was only upon completion

Which increased from £500mill to a billion.

But the point being is...what did they do differently in terms of loans and onset of debt to us in the way of P&S.

And I'm not trying to make a case against Spurs, I'm just trying to clarify the differences as from what we seem to have done is have an owner who has apparently pumped £450mill of his own money, borrowed £300mill, then taken commercial loans to run the club

Which increased from £500mill to a billion.

But the point being is...what did they do differently in terms of loans and onset of debt to us in the way of P&S.

And I'm not trying to make a case against Spurs, I'm just trying to clarify the differences as from what we seem to have done is have an owner who has apparently pumped £450mill of his own money, borrowed £300mill, then taken commercial loans to run the club

Spurs as a club is self-sufficient. We have relied on the bank of Moshiri and that tap is now dry to the war in Ukraine.