5 games into the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowste

Player Valuation: £30m
When the fixtures were released, I think a good percentage of us all had a certain amount of concern.
A good start to the season can set you up for the remainder of the season
A poor start to the season can cause unrest in the fan base lack of confidence around the team, and as we seen last year it can make GP not a pleasant place to play at.
My feeling at best was a win against Watford and after that a point against each of the rest, and this was based on our performances last season and the quality of the teams we were up against.
I am overjoyed with the start and from thinking we will be in the bottom half we are in the top half

Now I am old enough ans sensible enough to know that I shouldn't go overboard on things......but
Would we class this as being a good start to the season

It is a good start as long as we get something from Swansea and West Brom. Even a couple of draws isn't a disaster but we can't afford to lose one and draw one and undo all the good work we have done so far.

cheering_minions.gif

I think it's been a pretty good start to the season, to be honest. Two big games coming up against Swansea and West Brom both of which, I fully expect us to get 6 points from. Then we have a massive, massive 3 games in October against Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. Not going to be easy but if the squad can continue the way they played like we did yesterday, who knows?

mate played last years top 2 at our place though, doesn't get much harder than that - and the god awful luck of playing a new promoted team first day which i always hate

Which means we have to play them at their gaffes later on..... The city game I'll overlook (Only because they look like the champions elect even at this early stage) but not watford. That draw could well be very costly in the grand scheme of things.

Next month is our proving ground, imo.

Heard something on tv/internet yesterday,cant remember what channel,saying it was a good job we got these points early,with playing Liverpool,man utd,arsenal in a row lol in a months time,always alternate thinking from these so called experts,think some thought we would have about 7 losses in 1st 10 games or something stupid,the harder games are the ones we seem to perform in

Which means we have to play them at their gaffes later on..... The city game I'll overlook (Only because they look like the champions elect even at this early stage) but not watford. That draw could well be very costly in the grand scheme of things.

Next month is our proving ground, imo.

Next two games will define the season mate, we know for the United, rs and Arsenal games that the players will get up for them, and supporters too, also all 3 are likely to not just sit back and try to counter us, rs may have tried that but not after the stick their getting for doing that at United, think both Swansea and West Brom being away will help us as their more likely to come forward and allow us to play what is by and away our best style of counter-attacking right now. could be a very interesting month ahead - going into the Derby for once as a favourite could be a real possibility

It's no surprise our best performances have been against teams that give us a bit of space to play in.
If we win the next two - anything is possible.

Swansea will come at us, West Brom with Pullis not so sure about as they may try to counter us as well - will see i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.