4 4 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for the soccer snobs to do one

We're in utter freefall at the moment

Swapping to a steady 4 4 2 for the next month is the answer

Make it happen Koeman

...like moving deck chairs on the Titanic, I don't think it matters who plays and what system is played. 4-4-2, 4-3-3 are just numbers. Two factors of playing, one is what you do with the ball, the other what you do when the opposition have the ball. Fluidity, hard work, application and quality is what you need and that comes from good footballers.

just spitballin' here

584c1f449df2d.jpg
Now that's got bollocks.

I cannot for the life of me even at my limited level that I played understand how you can fail to pick your man up as a marker,fair enough if they "get one on you" and steal a yard from a set piece/corner but to not even be about to get even a limited challenge is beyond me. #efcandfreeheadersintheboxtastic :rant:

Heres my suggestion Mikey :

Sell
Robles
Gibson
Geri
Barkley
Kone
Lennon
The Clev
McCarthy
Oviedo
Davies
Dowell
Lukaku

Buy
GK Stéphane Ruffier
RB Ricardo Domingos Barbosa Pereira
LB Fernando Marçal Oliveira
CB Virgil van Dijk
CB Willi Orban
DM Diego Demme
CM Fábio Henrique Tavares
CM Giacomo "Jack" Bonaventura
RW Mohamed Salah Ghaly
CF Andrea Belotti
LW Karl Toko Ekambi

Simple really.

Some interesting names there. I do like the Salah shout. Thought he was hard done by at Chelsea. Barely got a chance.

Play Valencia - even if it's in a 4-2-3-1.

Get him operating from a wide position but as he's actually a striker he will get into the box. He did just that today, yet again.

It opens up space for Rom.

He's not the answer long-term but short-term I'm not sure we can be much worse.

It's an idea but recall we did that a lot with Kone last season. It was great at first but time and time again we were either exposed defensively on the left or have no one out wide left because Kone had drifted inside like you would expect a striker to.

Think something like this would do with the two forward midfielders pushed a bit further up the field.

584ed7da03f9b.jpg

Problem is who plays along side Barkley. Need a box to box midfielder and there doesn't seem to be a natural candidate right now.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.