4-4-2 Under Dyche - is this the Answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin knockdowns ??.. aahh yes I vaguely remember them from several seasons ago.

Last game he was either not trying to win any headers or has completely lost his sense of space/timing as he was just jumping into air where the ball wasn't.

Hopefully Dyche has/will put a rocket up his arse (literally)
Sadly true. Hopefully Dyche has been watching videos of our recent games and realised this and has been working on it with Dominic in training. It does seem to be a big part of his tactics.

According to Sean Dyche's tactics video it's the Jeff Hendrick role. Seems he prefers to play 4-4-1-1 against the top sides. Has to break from the front of midfield to pick up Calvert-Lewin's knock downs. Could be Onana or Maupay?
It will be interesting to see. It's probably tempting to use Onana in that role because I think he can have a big impact further up the pitch. But with the way Gana and Doucoure have been playing and with Garner getting back to fitness, I think we really need him to play in a double pivot further back.

I'm not sure that Maupay is particularly well suited to that role, but Dyche may appreciate his tendency to be a pest.

Status
Not open for further replies.