4-3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alio

They call me Avocado Baby
Yes, this is another thread. Please merge if required, didn't know where to put it

Now you may have spotted my error already, from the title of the thread....:huh:

Yes, we need 3 strikers to play this bad boy. But stay with me, I'm really struggling to find anything positive about Everton at the moment, I can't even bring myself to read some threads from the weekend, as I know exactly what is being said. It's not that I don't agree with most of it, I just don't want to be brought down any further

Anyway, looking to the future, I'm trying to think of our possible team and formation

Now I know it will look like knee jerking, and its only one game against Bolton who played this system, but is 4-3-3 the way to go? I've obviously seen Chelsea play this for a while, but yesterday just kind of confirmed it.

Howard
Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Fellaini, Arteta, Rodwell
Messi, Aguero, Villa​

Now the eagle eyed of you lot, may have noticed those 3 strikers don't play for us, bummer huh. What I am saying is if we manage to finally get some Benjamins from wherever, selling whoever etc, would something like this work. Baines and Coleman "bomb on" as much as anyone, and would provide us with natural width

Anyway, there, I tried something positive.....not saying it should be an instant fix, but maybe something to look into....

Alright Al'.

How goes???

Good weekend???? no me neither.

Yes, i'd love to see us play 4-5-1 without the ball, and then switch to 4-3-3 when in possesion.

I genuinely think if we had brought in 2 players, loan or permanent, we'd be amazing...

It's the stagnation of the same players trying the same things, with the manager doing the same as well...

If us minnows of football management can predict and name and shame Moyes tactics and team selection every week, just think of how easy it is for other managers, who seem to 'undo' us with ease...every other week...

TSN Davey, TSN!!!!

(Try Something New)

Yes, this is another thread. Please merge if required, didn't know where to put it

Now you may have spotted my error already, from the title of the thread....:huh:

Yes, we need 3 strikers to play this bad boy. But stay with me, I'm really struggling to find anything positive about Everton at the moment, I can't even bring myself to read some threads from the weekend, as I know exactly what is being said. It's not that I don't agree with most of it, I just don't want to be brought down any further

Anyway, looking to the future, I'm trying to think of our possible team and formation

Now I know it will look like knee jerking, and its only one game against Bolton who played this system, but is 4-3-3 the way to go? I've obviously seen Chelsea play this for a while, but yesterday just kind of confirmed it.

Howard
Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Fellaini, Arteta, Rodwell
Messi, Aguero, Villa​

Now the eagle eyed of you lot, may have noticed those 3 strikers don't play for us, bummer huh. What I am saying is if we manage to finally get some Benjamins from wherever, selling whoever etc, would something like this work. Baines and Coleman "bomb on" as much as anyone, and would provide us with natural width

Anyway, there, I tried something positive.....not saying it should be an instant fix, but maybe something to look into....

Beckford , Cahill , Saha could do a job up there. I think David Moyes would be too frightened to try that.

Alright Al'.

How goes???

Good weekend???? no me neither.

Yes, i'd love to see us play 4-5-1 without the ball, and then switch to 4-3-3 when in possesion.

I genuinely think if we had brought in 2 players, loan or permanent, we'd be amazing...

It's the stagnation of the same players trying the same things, with the manager doing the same as well...

If us minnows of football management can predict and name and shame Moyes tactics and team selection every week, just think of how easy it is for other managers, who seem to 'undo' us with ease...every other week...

TSN Davey, TSN!!!!

(Try Something New)

Hey man

Yeah, a good weekend, turned awful sadly!

Let's be honest, its very easy for us to say we would have won if we played 4-3-3 yesterday for example, I know its not that easy. But reading the thread where it mentioned having Sturridge, I was in agreement. All game (other than when he was doing his best at falling over to win free kicks) he just looked a handful. However, put him in our team yesterday, it would have been the same outcome? Same Cowboy, Different Horse....

Bolton managed to boss a midfield, where it seemed apparent that they had 3 and we had 6 if you look at it in one way. I know thats not how it really went, but still, they did, and when the ball was up and around our box they had the men up there to do something with it. We just had Anichebe who instead of actually going to collect a pass, would back his way into a defender so much, he had pretty much got his oponent to bum him. Go get the f'in ball!!!! Why keep backing in?

Anyway, 4-4-2 was looking great for a few weeks and will hopefully be brough back, although then it brings you back to the (how do you solve a problem like Tim Cahill) scenario. I kind of see why it's tough for Moyes, but he's got to shake things around a bit.
:dodgy:

I've mentioned in a few threads already but 4-3-3 at half-time yesterday may have turned the game in our favor. I'm sure it would of posed more of a threat than having Osman playing out wide and Anichebe meandering about.

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Distin Baines

Arteta Fellaini Osman

Cahill Beckford Bilya​

Last edited:

I think we need to be able to switch between systems. In a 4-3-3 (with what we've got available) I'd go for:

_________Howard
Neville Jagielka Distin Baines
__Coleman Fellaini Arteta
____Beckford Cahill Bily

One of our weaknesses has been getting up to support the lone striker. With this set up, Beckford would be able to work the channel between full back and centre back, as well as feeding off Cahill's knockdowns. Bily could float from left to right, as well as sneaking in round the back to score. The midfield is compact, but able to spring forward without leaving ourselves short.

With everyone fit I'd probably go for this:

________Howard
Neville Jagielka Distin Baines
_Coleman Fellaini Rodwell
_________Cahill
_____Saha Beckford

Again, a compact midfield. Cahill would be able to drop in to make a four or to get forward to support the forwards. A slight deviation would be to put Coleman to right back and Arteta to the right hand side. Hopefully both players would revel in the space ahead of them, rather than the normally congested midfield.

Another option would be this:

_____________Howard
______Heitinga Jagielka Distin
Coleman _________________Baines
______________Fellaini
___Arteta ______________Bily
______________Cahill
______________Saha

Jags would be able to sweep for his errant colleagues who, in turn, would cover for the wingbacks. Once more Cahill could drop deep or play closer to the loan striker. Arteta and Bily would have more freedom to roam, with the defence so well covered.

If you want to play 4-3-3, we should play Saha and Anichebe out wide and Cahill as a CF.

Colem Heit Jag Bain
Rod Fel Art
Ani Cah Sahehe

It does make sense. Saha is more mobile than Cahill and is less of an aerial threat. The only concern would be whether it takes Louis out of the central danger area.

I done a thread a while ago talking about a 352 formation ! The ****e have used this formation a bit of late and had some success with it. I think at the moment we need a change of direction. Yesterday we played one striker who was the wrong choice but he would have looked better with necks alongside him , midfield 3 of Felli, Arteta and Cahill with Coleman and Baines as wingbacks. 3 defenders of heit, jags and silly d !! Worth a try in my opinion !!

It does make sense. Saha is more mobile than Cahill and is less of an aerial threat. The only concern would be whether it takes Louis out of the central danger area.

True, ideally I would have liked to have seen Yak and Saha up front together. My thing about playing Saha out wide is that he's the only player we've really got that has the tools to play there i.e. pace, skills and shooting ability. Obviously it means we sacrifice a little bit in the middle, but that's the kind of side we are now - we don't have the players to have that balance across the pitch.

Somehow Saha and the Yak seemed to be on completely different wavelengths. It makes sense to me to have Saha playing off Cahill. While he's out injured, I think that Beckford and Anichebe would dovetail off Tim quite nicely. Neither of the younger players seem able to play up top without someone senior alongside them. You'd imagine that all three together would terrify most defences.

we havent got a proper left winger or a proper right winger , only 1 prem standard striker and he is a crock.
so imo we cant play 433.

ive said it for a while now ,532 is the way to go.

...........howard
.....jags heitinga distin
coleman...............baines
...rodwell fellaini arteta
........saha .... cahill

cant see that defence being bossed about.
i can see the wing backs being a handful.
the midfeild is as good as any in the prem
the front 2 get goals .

We don't have a players to play 4-3-3. Anichebe is probably the only player who could play as a wide forward and there would be gazilion candidates for 3 spots in central midfield.

We however are perfect suited to use 3 man at the back for 3-5-2 or 3-6-1.

I done a thread a while ago talking about a 352 formation ! The ****e have used this formation a bit of late and had some success with it. I think at the moment we need a change of direction. Yesterday we played one striker who was the wrong choice but he would have looked better with necks alongside him , midfield 3 of Felli, Arteta and Cahill with Coleman and Baines as wingbacks. 3 defenders of heit, jags and silly d !! Worth a try in my opinion !!
Why do you want to play Cahill who is much more of a forward than midfielder these days as a midfielder?

The annoying thing is that Moyes has neither the bottle nor the gumption to try a new formation. Do you think that if Liverpool had carried on as they were they would have eventually turned the corner? 4-5-1 no longer works for us if we're not able to nick a goal and defend it. Without being able to keep clean sheets, we need to switch to a system that gives us more chance of outscoring the opposition. It infuriates me that DM seems blind to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.