27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A wonder goal win hasn't altered my feelings at all.
Yeah that's my point, this is what we do. A player is terrible for weeks on end, scores and loads of fans seem to forget the 10 terrible performances before that one good moment /game.

Boss win tonight , we should all be buzzing after that winner. Put me in a great mood to be honest.

Club is still a shambles though come the morning, lose any game between now and Jan and that apathy and anger will come flooding back.

Footy fans are fickle. If it had been 0-2 at 27’ we might have seen something different.

As it was tightly poised, vast majority decided to get behind the team. People saying it’s backing the board or Kenwright or whatever are just wrong for me, fans were getting behind the team, nothing more.

If the protest would have been before or after the game, you’d have seen a bigger response.

Footy fans are fickle. If it had been 0-2 at 27’ we might have seen something different.

As it was tightly poised, vast majority decided to get behind the team. People saying it’s backing the board or Kenwright or whatever are just wrong for me, fans were getting behind the team, nothing more.

If the protest would have been before or after the game, you’d have seen a bigger response.
Should have walked out on 97 minutes that would have shown them

Yeah that's my point, this is what we do. A player is terrible for weeks on end, scores and loads of fans seem to forget the 10 terrible performances before that one good moment /game.

Boss win tonight , we should all be buzzing after that winner. Put me in a great mood to be honest.

Club is still a shambles though come the morning, lose any game between now and Jan and that apathy and anger will come flooding back.
I was torn, made up for the win but gutted that the FSW has bought himself time.

He's not the answer and we are going to plummet again soon.

The lack of people walking out is perhaps a reminder that the internet fanbase isn't always 100% reflective of the match going fanbase, I remember something similar happened a few years back and Kenwright got clapped when people were meant to boo him or something ? I cant remember exactly but I remember it being the opposite to what the internets wanted the fans to do.
I think it was always going to be hard to achieve huge support, when the rs did it against Sunderland it was in easier circumstances. When the team were within a chance of winning and we needed a win it would be harder to get fans to leave.

I walked out tonight. And I’ll walk out next game, or join in another type of protest that is organised as I am totally disillusioned about the direction this club is going.

One thing I won’t do is not attempt to try and change things. Me, as a single individual, walking out as a gesture to get attention is a minuscule act. However it is an act none of the less. I can’t be apathetic about what is going on.

You just know that if we were 2-0 down tonight on 27 minutes a lot more people would have walked as well. This is not about todays result. It’s about the direction the club is going.

Well done everyone who joined me. It’s a start.
And we’ll done everyone who stayed and sang ton ton ton for 40 seconds.

I walked out tonight. And I’ll walk out next game, or join in another type of protest that is organised as I am totally disillusioned about the direction this club is going.

One thing I won’t do is not attempt to try and change things. Me, as a single individual, walking out as a gesture to get attention is a minuscule act. However it is an act none of the less. I can’t be apathetic about what is going on.

You just know that if we were 2-0 down tonight on 27 minutes a lot more people would have walked as well. This is not about todays result. It’s about the direction the club is going.

Oh - and a massive well done for the organisers. For me it was not a waste of time as some people are suggesting.

Tactically inept and philosophically flawed.

you mean like, double figures?

State of some of our supporters in the ground and on here giving stick to anyone who got up and tried to do something to highlight how bad this board of ours is.

There were fellas near me who haven't opened their gobs to sing for 20 years giving it the biggun as I walked past them for the loudest chanting if the match until the goals - absolute joke of a fanbase and I told them as much.

If it takes me and a handful of others to wake the corpses up then we should do a walk out every 10 minutes - their might be some actual noise inside Goodison again, and don't think the board wont take that as a ringing endorsement of their performance from the happy clappers.

Well done to all that got up on 27, and either stayed and come back second half, or got off - fair play.

Made up with the win as well - were so much better with three on the middle, even Gomes.

I was torn, made up for the win but gutted that the FSW has bought himself time.

He's not the answer and we are going to plummet again soon.

Know what ya mean. Brentford was the last straw for me with Benitez, and I’ve posted in here to that effect. I’ve said since day 1 with him, I’ll judge him on results, if we go on a run now and pick up a load of points I’ll change my mind. As it stand, he’s just about bought himself more time tonight.

I applaud the sentiment and the statement of this post, I just think the act is too decisive

Status
Not open for further replies.