2022/2023 Kit Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the new third kit is OK. Hopefully we never wear the hideous 2nd one and only the 3rd. When you've been supporting everton for 30 years you find the kits all just recycle over time and very minute features are changed. A pointless exercise really.

The only thing I’d have done differently is so exactly what Liverpool have done.

The liver bird off their crest is identical to the one on their shirt.

How hard is it just put the Tower from the badge on?

Still, largely expected, after receiving a carbon copy on the new badge with your season ticket

The only thing I’d have done differently is so exactly what Liverpool have done.

The liver bird off their crest is identical to the one on their shirt.

How hard is it just put the Tower from the badge on?

Still, largely expected, after receiving a carbon copy on the new badge with your season ticket
I agree. I hope they consult the fans unlike last time, before the changes are made to all the kits and merchandise.

Not in to any of the kits for the first time in years. Just got one of the training tops, nicer looking and half the price.

Dave, that’s not how third kits work. It can only be used if there’s a clash between the Blue and Pink kits with the opposition.

So on Saturday it maybe be used if they deem a clash with them having “blue arms”
It is being used on Saturday against Villa...and the yellow will always be more of a change strip than a pink one...because the pink kit is darker than the yellow when we have to play a team in blue or claret.

Yellow is a traditional change strip for many teams for a reason...unless you're Norwich.

Personally, I think the club know that the badge as it stands is a bit crap. There's too much going on, it's amateurishly rendered (in my view - like Homer's car), and it goes against the modern trend of simplification. I hate to say it, but Liverpool have the right idea with the badge they use on their shirts.

My view is that Everton / Hummel overshot the runway massively by using this abstract logo (which I like for non-shirt stuff) as the badge. But hopefully it points to the desire to improve the current badge, at least as shown on the shirt. Perhaps this is a toe in the water.
I dont fully disagree with that. If the club had gone with the tower, the two laurel wreaths either side, I would have been OK with it. To me that is Everton, it is on nearly every version of the badge since the 1930's. Or if it was a version of the 83-91 badge with the EFC above the tower and laurel wreaths.

I confess I quite like the new 3rd kit!!
I see it has more street wear opportunity than the full badge kits. Clearly from the promo vid thats the target, Hats of to Hummel and the marketing team for doing something different with a third kit (again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.