2022/2023 Kit Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

49A37F16-79B3-4E98-B606-67DB9412229F.jpg

So the third outfield player kit doesn’t have a badge, but the goalkeeper third kit does have a badge. That seems weird.

He‘s off again.

Maybe the esk is a little over the top here, but personally I hope that the 3rd kit is the worst selling kit and the club understand that we don’t want that on the kit instead of the badge.
I know there are lots of people saying “it’s only a third kit” but the badge is important to a lot of fans, people have it tattooed on their skin, I don’t think the club should be messing about with it so much.

Maybe the esk is a little over the top here, but personally I hope that the 3rd kit is the worst selling kit and the club understand that we don’t want that on the kit instead of the badge.
I know there are lots of people saying “it’s only a third kit” but the badge is important to a lot of fans, people have it tattooed on their skin, I don’t think the club should be messing about with it so much.
Personally, I think the club know that the badge as it stands is a bit crap. There's too much going on, it's amateurishly rendered (in my view - like Homer's car), and it goes against the modern trend of simplification. I hate to say it, but Liverpool have the right idea with the badge they use on their shirts.

My view is that Everton / Hummel overshot the runway massively by using this abstract logo (which I like for non-shirt stuff) as the badge. But hopefully it points to the desire to improve the current badge, at least as shown on the shirt. Perhaps this is a toe in the water.

I get why some people might be a bit miffed because it's supposed to be a trendy new digital brand design, which surely doesn't go onto a kit.

You'd look at that and without accompanying content you have no idea what it even is.

Status
Not open for further replies.