2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people seriously underestimate how well silva is currently doing.

In the last 10 premier league games we’re 3rd in the form table with 21 points, which is 5 points more than Chelsea and Arsenal, 7 points more than Tottenham, and 9 points more than Man Utd.

We also in that time have the joint best defence with Man City.

In those ten games we drew against both champions league finalists, beat both europa league finalists and battered Man Utd.
Lost Gana and Zouma though
No issue if Mina stays fit and Gbamin does well but if one of those does not happen it could go pear shaped

Lost Gana and Zouma though
No issue if Mina stays fit and Gbamin does well but if one of those does not happen it could go pear shaped

Of course it could go pear shaped, but that’s ifs and buts, right now I’m using actual truths of the form we’re currently on in the league which a lot of people seem to be missing.

If we was to go on the horrendous run we had last season again then he should 100% be sacked as our squad is far too strong to be going through it again.

Honestly feels at times reading this site and other Everton sites if we go through a bad run silva would get destroyed and rightfully so but even when on a good run no credit comes from a lot of our fans but instead it’s well this may happen or that may happen.

I’m more excited by our club now than I have ever been, hopefully it stays that way and with silva in charge

You lot won't even have extra Europa games to use that excuse when we finish above you.

Three more, Torino will dump you out.

A level above, state of that, we were absolute muck for four months and you finished a mere 3 points above, level above my arse.
Thank you for your valuable insight in Torino dumping us out . Would put the crystal ball on eBay if I were you ;) Any other predictions or wise words of wisdom from yourself , so I may take note ?

Thank you for your valuable insight in Torino dumping us out . Would put the crystal ball on eBay if I were you ;) Any other predictions or wise words of wisdom from yourself , so I may take note ?

Why you on an Everton forum when you're team are playing in their first europeam game in abar 3 centuries you weirdo?

Cant wait for next sunday when we turn you over at GP.

Everton’s Marco Silva tells Richarlison and Yerry Mina to improve their English

Richarlison

Richarlison’s slow start to the season was attributed by Marco Silva to his Copa América exertions.
Marco Silva has told Richarlison and Yerry Mina to improve their English, with the Everton manager unimpressed with their efforts to learn the language.
Silva wants all his players to communicate in English on the pitch and demands all foreign signings take lessons as soon as they arrive at the club.

Those instructions were given to Richarlison when he joined Watford from Fluminense more than two years ago and to Mina after his move from Barcelona last summer but Silva remains concerned over the ability of the Brazil and Colombia internationals to communicate with teammates.

“Richarlison is not as good as I’d like but he’s trying every day. Mina also,” Silva said. “With Richarlison, Mina and Bernard, it’s a little bit better because they have had more time. But with Mina and Richarlison we would like more from them. Their levels are a little bit better but not like we would like. This is something we demand from them because this is one of the keys for them to adapt faster and to understand everything that’s happening around them every single day.”

Silva has no problem with the language skills of the summer signings Moise Kean and Jean-Philippe Gbamin. The former Juventus striker “can understand more English than Richarlison did when he first arrived in the Premier League”, Silva said, while “the English of JP is really good”. And he believes it will be to Everton’s overall benefit should Richarlison and Mina catch up.

“Not just on the pitch but at Finch Farm and during a normal day in his life, it would help. That’s what we demand from them and it’s up to them to keep working, because it is one of the keys for them to perform better and to have a better knowledge of what’s happening around them. For Richarlison and for Mina even more, because of the position he plays, it is really important.”

Richarlison was substituted in Everton’s win against Watford, having struggled against his former club, although Silva said a lack of pre-season training, because of Brazil’s Copa América campaign, not any language issues was to blame.

Silva, who takes his side to Aston Villa on Friday, said: “This was the third pre-season he has done with me. In the other two he had a full pre-season and started the season really strong. This pre-season was different. Last week was only Richarlison’s third week of working with us. Some people don’t realise that.”

A lot of people seriously underestimate how well silva is currently doing.

In the last 10 premier league games we’re 3rd in the form table with 21 points, which is 5 points more than Chelsea and Arsenal, 7 points more than Tottenham, and 9 points more than Man Utd.

We also in that time have the joint best defence with Man City.

In those ten games we drew against both champions league finalists, beat both europa league finalists and battered Man Utd.
I've never personally liked this argument. What happens in one season has no bearing in the next. Burnley had like 25 goals scored against in 17/18 and about 70 in 18/19. Personally Im more impressed by the 2 clean sheets here this season then the "10 in a row" that doesn't help us out at all in this season.

I hope he can keep this going but we really haven't been playing great opposition so far.

Everton’s Marco Silva tells Richarlison and Yerry Mina to improve their English

Richarlison

Richarlison’s slow start to the season was attributed by Marco Silva to his Copa América exertions.
Marco Silva has told Richarlison and Yerry Mina to improve their English, with the Everton manager unimpressed with their efforts to learn the language.
Silva wants all his players to communicate in English on the pitch and demands all foreign signings take lessons as soon as they arrive at the club.

Those instructions were given to Richarlison when he joined Watford from Fluminense more than two years ago and to Mina after his move from Barcelona last summer but Silva remains concerned over the ability of the Brazil and Colombia internationals to communicate with teammates.

“Richarlison is not as good as I’d like but he’s trying every day. Mina also,” Silva said. “With Richarlison, Mina and Bernard, it’s a little bit better because they have had more time. But with Mina and Richarlison we would like more from them. Their levels are a little bit better but not like we would like. This is something we demand from them because this is one of the keys for them to adapt faster and to understand everything that’s happening around them every single day.”

Silva has no problem with the language skills of the summer signings Moise Kean and Jean-Philippe Gbamin. The former Juventus striker “can understand more English than Richarlison did when he first arrived in the Premier League”, Silva said, while “the English of JP is really good”. And he believes it will be to Everton’s overall benefit should Richarlison and Mina catch up.

“Not just on the pitch but at Finch Farm and during a normal day in his life, it would help. That’s what we demand from them and it’s up to them to keep working, because it is one of the keys for them to perform better and to have a better knowledge of what’s happening around them. For Richarlison and for Mina even more, because of the position he plays, it is really important.”

Richarlison was substituted in Everton’s win against Watford, having struggled against his former club, although Silva said a lack of pre-season training, because of Brazil’s Copa América campaign, not any language issues was to blame.

Silva, who takes his side to Aston Villa on Friday, said: “This was the third pre-season he has done with me. In the other two he had a full pre-season and started the season really strong. This pre-season was different. Last week was only Richarlison’s third week of working with us. Some people don’t realise that.”
I always thought it would be funny if a team learned an obscure language and communicated openly on the pitch thus really confusing the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.