2016-2020=What a disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It started with the hiring of Steve Walsh

I am still firmly in the belief that Walsh did far more damage here than anyone gives him credit for.

Moshiri using bill as some sort of expert was a issue as well, hence the manager issues we had.

But Walsh ran this club into the ground. The sheer amount of money wasted by him, not mis spent but wasted. The amount of wages we pay out for players who aren't even at the club or aren't anywhere near the team to this day, at least a million a week. These aren't small fry numbers.

It was Walsh who bought 4 players for the same position. It was Walsh who didn't sign koeman a defender or striker. It was Walsh who didn't replace Lukaku. It was Walsh who oversaw the most embarrassing moment in our modern history bringing allardyce and that rat to the club.
I’m not one to scapegoat one person as usually it’s a combination of factors but Walsh can not be ignored. I have never seen a football team sign so many of the wrong type, attitude and profile of players who are mistakes to the point where years later we still can’t shift them. Than man sank us.

Confidence is very low at the moment...

However team/squad is not strong enough that clearly shows this season...

Must get decent transfers in for next season maybe 4/5 to lift the team to progress next year...

Ancelotti will get it right but it takes time...

I look back at the 90s as a source of amusement now. We had a few decent players pass through as well as the utter horrors.

I reckon a worst 11 of the 90s would be worse than the worst 11 of the Moshiri era. Now that'd be a stinker of a match.

Inaugural first game and charity match at the new stadium sorted. I'd pay to go, for the car crash.

It’s the expectation mate. We didn’t spend a penny in the 90’s!

That is not true, we were in the top 10 spenders in the world at somepoint in the 90's.

Look you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. We had some good players that wanted to leave at the point we could have built around them. Without city style free spending we needed to get lucky and we didn't. People were fired and we now have a manager befitting of the project so at least we have been able to convince someone we are serious.

Don't pay attention to the last few results or the ones coming up, if we get a half decent DM we will look a lot stronger next season.

In the last 25 years, our best years were when Kenwright was at the top, before him was a nightmare under Johnson and since him under Moshiri its been heartbreak after heartbreak

We needed a bit of luck as well, and never got it.

It takes some doing to go through this amount of managers and players and not hit on if not a winning formula, then at least a better one, even by chance.

Easier said than done, but someone or something needs to break that cycle, hopefully Carlo.

It's a pity Moshiri didn't arrive right at the end of 72 points. I'd would have liked to have seen what Roberto could have done with some decent backing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back