2016-2020=What a disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffee90

Player Valuation: £500k
Hate to be pessimistic, but just fancy a rant.

Last night was a new low, getting a lucky point from a relegation team- at home!

I’ve just had a figure pointed out that over the past 25 years, we are the biggest spending of the trophyless clubs in world football.

Granted most of our money has been spent over the past 4 years, but still- no wonder we are all sick to death of the dirge served up week in week out.

I doubt many could believe back in 2016 with the promising takeover of how badly are recruitment, both managers and playing staff, could possibly be (Richy, Digne and Carlo aside).

Millions upon millions wasted.

It’s the perfect example of how not to run a football club, and to be honest I think in the darkest days of Koeman and Silva we where lucky not to be relegated.

The team we fielded last night was probably the weakest since the Walter Smith days.
I mean, Iwobi, Davies..these are league 1 level players.
Walsh was a disaster in terms of recruitment, and Brands signings have so far been 25% positive at best.

Having Carlo at the helm is the only glimmer of hope that we may get out of this situation, I’m praying he can!

I would love to look back in say 2022 and this 2016 to 2020 period be a distant bad dream!

Over to you Carlo!

Moshiri.jpg

It started with the hiring of Steve Walsh

I am still firmly in the belief that Walsh did far more damage here than anyone gives him credit for.

Moshiri using bill as some sort of expert was a issue as well, hence the manager issues we had.

But Walsh ran this club into the ground. The sheer amount of money wasted by him, not mis spent but wasted. The amount of wages we pay out for players who aren't even at the club or aren't anywhere near the team to this day, at least a million a week. These aren't small fry numbers.

It was Walsh who bought 4 players for the same position. It was Walsh who didn't sign koeman a defender or striker. It was Walsh who didn't replace Lukaku. It was Walsh who oversaw the most embarrassing moment in our modern history bringing allardyce and that rat to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.