2 up front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against teams you'd expect to be in the 'bottom 12', who will come trying to play on the counter, it seems like a great idea to stop them effectively muzzling Lukaku. Especially at home. We did it after we lost to Stoke last year as well against Newcastle and QPR IIRC,

2 up front, is this going to be this year's version of 2 wingers. But I agree, with Lukaku playing in midfield half of the time it is clear we need someone else helping him. Won't happen.

The other striker help to drag defenders out of the zone. It works. We have more threats when two are up front.

I've been saying two up front since the start of last season.

People who talk about formations a lot told me to shut up.
Kone changed the game - how made one scored one - as a big critic of his this may be a game changer for future performances, as he held the ball up well Lukarku looked not 100% fit - Cleverly was out of position so much it was unfair to judge him!

"But lad 2 up front is dead in the Premier League" bla bla bla....

Lukaku clearly benefits from having another striker with him, we need one in asap.
Also need someone as good as Ross to link the midfield up - its ok to say he dwells on the ball and turns this way , and that but look at his options no one willing to move into an attacking position other than KM and Coleman!
a one man midfield!
we need a play maker with him three defensive midfielder who were useless going forwards lost us three points today!

I said this in the matchday thread, but Lukaku cannot play as a lone striker. He's too slow and too clumsy. What he *is* is an excellent target man who can also score a fair amount of goals.
We should absolutely play two up top and find Lukaku a quick, aggressive, precise striking partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.