1980 match of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All antiques, Even 36 years ago!

"Ambition here at Everton is boundless".

"When they built this fort knox showcase a few seasons ago in which to hang the clubs sporting scalps they ran round to Liverpool with a tape to measure the European Cup, just to ensure they built a compartment big enough to take that great trophy when they win it".

"This is that compartment, it contains a clock, not a cuckoo".

"When they built this fort knox showcase a few seasons ago in which to hang the clubs sporting scalps they ran round to Liverpool with a tape to measure the European Cup, just to ensure they built a compartment big enough to take that great trophy when they win it".

Haven't you got better things to do with your time?

No walls to push over in your local vicinity? No?

I liked the old MOTD the BBC were putting on bbc 1 about 5 or so years ago from a week gone by in the years past,ie this week in 1979 etc,they did that for a few months

Oh I thought you said a Cuckoo!? Well at least that would be something decent and useful out of Africa - as opposed to, hmm Djimi Traore, Salif Diao, El Hadji Diouf, Charles Itandje, Momo Sissoko and, who could possibly forget, Sean Dundee.

image.jpeg

Soon, very soon...

yer ma is cuckoo lid

Came across this in the MOTD archives. A special report on us in the Trophy room. Talking to Gordon Lee. Interesting. Another 1st to add to our list of 1sts.

Great find, Angel.

I am so glad to watch that because I had come to believe I imagined hearing about us sending round the Pit to measure the European Cup so we could build a cabinet fir it lol

And what an "assist" from Big Bob to put Peter Eastoe in ;)

I loved Eastoe.

Eastoe and Varadi.....one of my favourite striker pairings from the days when "lone strikers" were a one man picket outside a factory :(

Bring back 4-4-2 :dance:

Go an organise your next,not your fault,football disaster,you murdering,Scandinavian,scarf waving,bell

Status
Not open for further replies.