13 years ago today; 10 April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am indebted to my Evertonian son for pointing out that 16 year old James Vaughn scored on his Everton debut 13 years ago today in a 4-0 thrashing of Crystal Palace. Seems like only yesterday.

I loved that match. I took my nephew and two nieces, Everton won 4 - 0, Arteta scored his first goal for Everton, Cahill got two, and James Vaughan scored our fourth late on to make him our youngest ever goalscorer; within minutes, the chant went up, "You can stick your Wayne Rooney up your a*'e".

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Big game that on the back of losing to Liverpool and West Brom. Still amazes me that a left side of Pistone and Kilbane got us into the top 4.

It was Artetas first goal, didn't he upset a few people by running and celebrating in front of the Palace fans and he apologised after.

2005 was the year I was made redundant a few weeks after buying a our house. :rant:

Big game that on the back of losing to Liverpool and West Brom. Still amazes me that a left side of Pistone and Kilbane got us into the top 4.
The remarkable thing is how low the points total was to finish in the top four too. Only 61 points - Martinez's team in his first season finished 5th with 72.

Still, it was a great season to be a Blue, especially after the preceding summer where we'd replaced Rooney with Marcus Bent and didn't have a pot to piss in. The run around October/November/December in particular was ace, remember going down to Norwich for a 12.45 KO singing 'We're gonna win the league' after winning 3-2.

Probably the most successful season many young blues remember. Best not think about anything that happened the second the league season finished though.

Status
Not open for further replies.