12 games to go. What's seen as progress?

36 points left. What's seen as progress

• 10-15

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • 16-21

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • 22-27

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • 28 plus

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've accepted that we are not going to make much tangible progress across the season as a whole. We are not going to noticeably close the gap on the top 6 (barring a miraculous surge). What becomes important to me is finishing the season well and how we perform. Against Manchester City we performed well. I want to see a side that plays with intensity, passion and looks to have a workable game plan. Results aren't going to bother me too much either way, but I do want to see the above.

If we can perform as we did against manchester City I think we will win games, maybe 4 or 5 and that should be enough for a top half finish. I'd also like to see lads like kenny, Davies and DCL keeping their places and even bookman being eased in if they are playing well.

I agree with giving JJK more game time purely to see if he’s good enough for next season
If he proves his worth then keep him as back up to a new RB

Kenny's aim has to be to establish himself enough that we don't view RB as a top priority in the summer. I don't think he can or will do enough to put the question away indefinitely but his job is to do enough that Brands/Silva believe there are more important fires to put out in other areas and we don't want to waste our budget as top priority on a right back. Hopefully that will give him the opportunity next season to start the season and kick on.

I'll be honest, it doesn't really matter now how many points we pick up(in this context) I don't think there has been any progress full stop, we have gone backwards with a better squad or stayed the same as we were gash but regardless, I don't see any progress.

The only bright spot for me has been Digne.

Realistically we'll get about 7 points. Progress wise I want to see us go toe to toe with the "big boys" and get results and not to wilt in the away games against "lesser" opposition.

....another prediction thread, unbelievable Jeff.
In fairness Eggs it isn't. The thread is actually asking what would be seen as progress, rather than what people think we'll achieve.

I'm not sure if it means progress on what we've achieved so far this season, or on what we have done since the Anfield derby. I'd be happy getting back to what we were doing up until the derby. If we can get that form and structure to our play back before the end of the season, it will give us a base to start from for next season.

I do think a large part of our problem is player/squad mentality, but I saw a big improvement in this regard against City. More performances like that and we'll be picking up more points against the lesser teams. I also think that we have dropped possibly 15 points due to our defending set pieces coupled with giving away stupid free kicks in dangerous area's. This can be quite easily resolved on the training ground. Silva is showing Martinez style stubbornness in continuing zonal marking and he needs to revert to man to man immediately until such time he can bring in players who are comfortable with zonal.

All that matters is Liverpool not winning the league. Couldn't care about us as we are a joke who will likely be in the same situation this time next season and the season after etc

Progress is not burning ya rockies on the barbie when the fambam is over for tucker.

Phew another 3 points. Win the last 3 and its 58. Dinkums

Status
Not open for further replies.