12 games to go. What's seen as progress?

36 points left. What's seen as progress

• 10-15

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • 16-21

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • 22-27

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • 28 plus

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that the original poster believes we are going to get 10 points or more in the rest of the season. 5 points is more realistic

Regression is the likely outcome this season. I would not pretend there is progress in terms of results.

Some people on here have been too near the tin of copydex.
If anyone thinks we're safe and that we'll pick up anymore points this season is deluded.

So the question was 'What's seen as progress'
The meaning of progress is 'forward or onward movement towards a destination'
Well we're certainly making progress towards our destination.........................

We aren't going down.

We aren't looking like we have the ability to finish 7th.

What points we get for the rest of this season is largely irrelevant and a short term aim.

Progress would be using the last 12 games to decide who stays and who goes in the summer. If a player is going to be let go then don't pick them now. Go with players you want to keep and try to continue to bed them into the system you want to play next season.

Progress will be measured by how we use the remainder of this season to put the building blocks in place for next season. You can only really tell that once next season gets underway.

We aren't going down.

We aren't looking like we have the ability to finish 7th.

What points we get for the rest of this season is largely irrelevant and a short term aim.

Progress would be using the last 12 games to decide who stays and who goes in the summer. If a player is going to be let go then don't pick them now. Go with players you want to keep and try to continue to bed them into the system you want to play next season.

Progress will be measured by how we use the remainder of this season to put the building blocks in place for next season. You can only really tell that once next season gets underway.

the first 26 games have decided that for me already, and not a lot would be staying if it was down to me. cowards

If anyone thinks we're safe and that we'll pick up anymore points this season is deluded.

Well we're certainly making progress towards our destination.........................
So you think we will get no more points at all this season?

A lot of posts from last were positive and people saw us improve a lot.
So that do people want to see from the last 12 games to show signs of progression.
Points wise. Not moral victories.

Below is what I think we are capable of getting. With the results I expect us to get in brackets

Games left.
At home.
Liverpool 1 (0)
Chelsea 0 (0)
Arsenal 3 (1)
Man United 1 (1)
Burnley 3 (3)

Away games
Watford 3 (0)
Cardiff 3 (3)
Newcastle 1 (1)
West ham 1 (1)
Fulham 3 (3)
Palace 1 (0)
Spurs 0 (0)

I see 20 out of 36 points as a realistic points target which would put us on 53 points. However, I see us picking up 13 points and ending on a disgusting 46 points. Below Martinez' 2 x 47 points hauls and below Big Sam's (+Koeman/Unsworth) 49 of last season.

I've lost all faith in this side.

Below is what I think we are capable of getting. With the results I expect us to get in brackets

Games left.
At home.
Liverpool 1 (0)
Chelsea 0 (0)
Arsenal 3 (1)
Man United 1 (1)
Burnley 3 (3)

Away games
Watford 3 (0)
Cardiff 3 (3)
Newcastle 1 (1)
West ham 1 (1)
Fulham 3 (3)
Palace 1 (0)
Spurs 0 (0)

I see 20 out of 36 points as a realistic points target which would put us on 53 points. However, I see us picking up 13 points and ending on a disgusting 46 points. Below Martinez' 2 x 47 points hauls and below Big Sam's (+Koeman/Unsworth) 49 of last season.

I've lost all faith in this side.

44 points. The last home win was credited to Unsworth.

You are assuming that progress always needs to be in a linear trajectory.

That just isn’t the case. Sometimes things need to get worse before they can get better

Cardiff have a lot of tough games, made worse by the fact they are awful (as are we) they won’t get more than 12 points IMO

True, but there always seems to be one each season that comes with a run. And dare i say it sometimes one that drops like a stone. Looking around that mid table if i was to pick one who might slide down it would actualy be us. We cant defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.