2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Beto, we haven’t been paid for yet but you want to sell him. He was 25m by the way.

Maupay was 15, been awful, but sometimes it just doesn’t work at a club. Brentford may have him as he seems comfy there but I think about 5/8m.

Nobody is spending the type of money that DCL was quoted of being worth during the Carlo era. He was doing well and Arsenal were linked with a 60m bid. Since then, he’s been injured constantly and has scored about 10 goals in three years. He’s 27 and on paper probably worth no more than 20m.

Which striker are you looking to sign?

Beto is accounted for. Maupay was £12mil.

Sell Beto, Maupay and DCL, put the money together and sign one player up top.

Id probably look at Jonathan David with Chermiti as backup.

But it does mean we can go for a higher level player and save a packet on wages too.

Instead of adding the money you'd get from selling dcl beto and maupay together - multplie it - works out way more money to buy a replacement.

This is no less non senseical as selling you all your strikers generating 50m and lumping it all on one guy. (If we sold beto I'm sure we'd have to pay off our debt to udinese) - so left with 25m to buy a player like ............ DCL.

We all know he isn't the greatest finisher but christ the amount of effort he puts in cause of the long balls constantly falling on his head is phenomenal and never moans - I can't imagine someone like Nicholas Jackson doing it.

The £25mil for Beto is already on the books and payments will be accounted for.

Selling him wouldnt mean we do not need to still pay off his fee but it would mean that:

A: The money accounted for on the books for him can now be used for someone else.

B: We'd generate FFP profit of £6.25mil and the wages off the books.

C: Effort isnt a substitute for quality if he isnt good enough.