10th - How Far Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfDixie

Player Valuation: £70m
We have been on 9 titles since 1987, are we ready to add to that?

Well regardless of what the cynics think, we are closer to a major investment than most will know.

We have a great youth infrastructure. World Class academy training centre. A great manager, and senior players who play for eachother and not for themselves.

As well as a massive global fanbase.

We are almost at tipping point. So is a tenth title going to happen within the next 5 years?

Within two years, the leagues ours.

No one believes me when I tell them we're minted this summer and looking to sign Eto'o....

We should win a title within 30 years. I think thats realistic. Hopefully we can get 1 in before I die. But if im honest, I just cant see it.

Investment my ******* arse.

Well regardless of what the cynics think, we are closer to a major investment than most will know.

Why bother? You know **** all, **** all, you bloody know **** all.

Unless somebody comes and throws 30m-40m at Moyes Every August and January, we wont win the title and its NOT gonna happen.

Live in the real world. We won titles when it was a fairly even foothold, but now we get outspent every Summer by Wigan and the chasing pack will get closer and the top 4 further away.

If you wanna bury your head in the sand, fine, but my eyes are wide ******* open.

Why bother? You know **** all, **** all, you bloody know **** all.

Unless somebody comes and throws 30m-40m at Moyes Every August and January, we wont win the title and its NOT gonna happen.

Live in the real world. We won titles when it was a fairly even foothold, but now we get outspent every Summer by Wigan and the chasing pack will get closer and the top 4 further away.

If you wanna bury your head in the sand, fine, but my eyes are wide ******* open.

Do you need me to dig out some stats? Is Wigan your only example? All that proves is that Wigan have wasted money compared to us.

If your eyes are wide open, why bother going to the football? You clearly don't expect us to win anything ever so what's the point?

Saturday 16th May 12:25pm. I am going to note that and come back to when it happens. And mate my eyes are wide open, and so are my ears.

I personally don't go to Goodison in the expectation we'll win the league. As a complete guess I'd say 80 of the 92 league clubs currently in the league haven't seen their club win the title in the last 40 years, and probably won't in the next 40. Should they all go to support Man United? No, they've been sucked in by their clubs, they love their clubs, and regardless of trophies that is their club.

The toy boy spend now declare bankruptcy when you can't pay later fad will only last another decade before the English game finds itself up a certain creek without a paddle and the reality will return after a very long difficult period.

Just because we're not throwing our future away for short term debt doesn't mean we won't win the league again. I'd say we'll find ourselves in a title race again in the next 20 years, with several cups and many more memories picked up along the way.

Do you need me to dig out some stats? Is Wigan your only example? All that proves is that Wigan have wasted money compared to us.

If your eyes are wide open, why bother going to the football? You clearly don't expect us to win anything ever so what's the point?

Saturday 16th May 12:25pm. I am going to note that and come back to when it happens. And mate my eyes are wide open, and so are my ears.

I support Everton because I love them, I go the game because I love going the game and watching the boys in blue perform. I went the game in the 90s when we where **** and fighting for our lives.

Im not a glory hunter, if I wanted to support a team that wins trophys I would support United surely.

I didnt choose to support Everton, you know its a calling. I love my club, I will support my club thru the rough and the smooth, NOTHING will ever make me turn my back on the club I love.

But I live in the real world. We are not going to get the vast investment needed to take us to the next level, if you know any different enlighten us.

Otherwise please tell us how we are going to win the title with a net spend of £3m a season.

Posted via Mobile Device if we had a sugar daddy come onboard today and invested big time then it would still probably take about five years i reckon. Look at City, richest club in the world on paper but years away from achieving anything.

We won't win the league in the forseeable future. A number of factors, at this point unforseeable, may conspire to make us title contenders. These could be sustained upward mobility under Moyes, investment, a shift in the financial structure of the game, a world war, the reformation of the beatles, etc.

I think we're far enough away to render discussion of a 10th title rather pointless. But, as should go without saying, that weakens the enjoyment I get from watching Everton not-a-jot. My fandom is based on a strange mix of father-issues, peer-pressure and local pride (as, I'd imagine, is the case for nearly all British football fans), which is a pretty formidable feedback loop for mere lack-of-success to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.