1 coherent campaign please

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could follow up the leafleting campaign with a drive, a car boot sale, some street theatre and possibly even some benefit concerts?

Now, if that’s not enough, I’m sorry, it’s time for the T-shirts:

Mutants Out” …

Blubbertez Life Form, No Thanks” …

and if that’s not enough, well, I don’t know what will be.

Last edited:
Personally, I think you are right. My view is that in the summer, our board and Moshiri knew tough times were to come and by appointing someone like Benitez, they knew they had a manager that could distract attention from them for a year or so until the new stadium is very close and we can limp over the line.

Perhaps I am giving them too much credit there though.

….I don’t think that’s correct. Moshiri appointed Brands. I doubt a Board including Kenwright, Brands and DBB would’ve voted in favour of a Benitez appointment.

Therein might lie the issue for Moshiri. Even though he’s the owner, he was not able to break up that power base from the top down, appoint Benitez to do it for him from the bottom up. Just a theory.

Ten years of whining every single day about the net spend.

Then, suddenly, we spend £25m + on Iwobi, Tosun, Klossen, et al, and £50m+ on S*g*rds*n. Net spend, off the charts!

Just no pleasing some people ; )

The thing I keep thinking about is what it would be like to be a fan of a club where I am content with the direction of it.

I find myself listening to every Everton podcast and youtube channel going this year because I am so disillusioned with things and I want to hear other fans' perspectives or the latest news in the hope that I will see a glimmer of change.

If I were a Man City fan or something at the minute, I reckon I might listen to the odd bit of news here and there but ultimately, I'd know my club was being run well and just focus all my energy on the actual game. By the time it gets to the match, I am usually exhausted with the amount of fume I have gone through during the week.

So what you're saying is we need one firm memorable all encompassing statement to stand by ... something like:

"What do we want?
Everything to be better, but we're not saying what.

When do we want it?
Since its difficult to say what we want we can't reasonably put a specific time frame on it so we'll just have to say 'in due course'"

Snappy.
:coffee:

…..campaigns need to have an objective, not certain what one would be in this situation.

Talking generally, the majority of fans don’t like Benitez from a coaching, personality and background perspective. Results will always be the deciding factor in his future.

Its getting clearer that Moshiri is meddling in transfer business. I have a theory that he appointed Benitez more to do his dirty work that for any footballing perspective but he’s a very wealthy man backing the club financially. Would the campaign be to oust Moshiri? With BMD development at a crucial stage that might be risky.

i think this will all have to play out.
Well said

I just said it in the Digne thread but I think its worth saying again as you can't go on Twitter without coming across some new campaign.

As a fanbase, we are unhappy that the club seems to lack cohesion and a direction. However, as a fanbase we have the same lack of cohesion ourselves. It seems there is a new campaign every week whether it be the 27 years campaign, the communication campaign or a campaign to get better scran at the new stadium.

I am not saying those campaigns dont have merit and are not put together by good blues who have the best interests of the club at heart. What I am saying is that the leaders of all those campaigns need to come together and launch one consolidated campaign with a clear set of principles or manifesto that everyone can get behind. Otherwise we will continue to see things like the 27 years campaign falling a bit flat like it did a few weeks ago.

There is definitely a need for a campaign of some sort so we can get answers but multiple, fractured campaigns is not the way to go about it in my view.
@StuBarlow screaming "you're all rs" while windmilling his way through @davek, @ForeverBlue92, the mods and anyone who dared to disagree with him, in a morrisons carpark, while trying to get his hands round moshiri's throat.

Thats the only campaign we want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.